What is the strangest thing you have ever been told by a complete stranger?

treynlisa

Asked by treynlisa at 10:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• may I hold your baby? (lady on a 12hr train ride to Baltimore) Uhhh No!
    Nikidu

Answer by Nikidu at 10:58 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I also had this conversation happen in Wal-Mart. If you look at my profile picture, my children are very light skinned.

Lady: Ohh what exotic looking children! Where did they come from?
    Me: They're mine
    L: Oh I realise that, but where did they come from?
    M: My uterus!!! They're my children! They're just mixed!
    L: oh, I'm sorry (walks away)

In the mean time my SO is laughing hysterically.
    Nikidu

Answer by Nikidu at 11:00 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Well, this isn't really strange, but I didn't expect it. I must have been about 19 and I was very sad, crying a little bit and walking down the street and this little old black lady looked at me and "Don't cry baby. Jesus loves you." It just may be one of the sweetest things said to me at the sweetest moment. God bless that woman.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:07 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I had a young cashier in Walmart ask to hold my baby a couple of months ago. I just kinda looked at her funny paid for my stuff and walked out. What would make a stranger think you want to hand over your baby to them.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:08 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Complete random stranger on a bus: "oh your pregnant. Are you going to keep it?"
    Me:"yes"
    CRSOAB: "oh darn, see I haven't been able to have kids, but I really really want to adopt a baby" at which point she goes on to describe in detail her 5 miscarriages and everything she has gone through trying to conceive before that. But it doesn't stop there! She then proceeds to try and bribe me with money to give her my un-born son!

Needless to say I was very happy to get off of that bus.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 11:12 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I had someone tell me the twins were a punishment for having children outside of marriage. She sure blushed when I pulled out my wedding band and engagement ring that were hanging on a chain. I was still swollen from pregnancy.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 11:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I was giving birth to my son, and his bio-dad was not in the picture, my mom and sister held my hand through it all. I was getting ready to push and a nurse comes in with a clipboard and asks me if I want to sign these forms. I said, "What forms?" and she said, "Adoption Papers!" I told her to get the f*** out of my face.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:20 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Me, my hubby and our daughter were in a store one evening when a woman behind us kept making faces at our little girl and was making her laugh. That didn't bother me. What did bother me was when she asked who the daddy was. I looked at hubby and he shook his head at me. He was telling me not to hit her. lol. I turned around and told her it was our child. Hubby's and mine. She didn't seem to believe me. Not sure why. Guess at the time she didn't look much like either one of us. But she does now. The funny part was that as we were paying for our stuff, the lady at the check out who heard the conversation said out loud that some people just need to mind their own damn business and keep their 2 cents to themselves. I laughed so hard i thought i was gonna pee my pants!
    Ali-Rippy

Answer by Ali-Rippy at 11:23 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• See its never bothered me for someone to ask to hold my child sometimes u need the help so thats not really a strange question to me but when I was pregnant with my 2nd child a million people asked me who the father was because the way my stomach looked I was having a black baby therefore my hubby could not be the father. I dont have anything against anyone black but how can u look at someones pregnant stomach and tell what color their baby is? I will have to add new pics I think but look at my son does he look black to you? I mean I love babies of every color or whatever but isnt that a stupid question?
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 11:36 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• My so and I drove up to to get gas, he went in to pay, and a lady said will you watch my baby I have to pee bad and I don't want to wake her up. I am a total freaking stranger. i told her you aren't going to pee in peace, and what if someone knocks me on the head? lets take the baby in the bathroom and I will watch it for you. Of coarse the baby wakes up, and she is talking to it from the stall, and I get the drift to sing to it to let mom know I am still in the bathroom with the baby. That was sooo weird. I would of peed in one of the baby's diapers in a parking lot before I would let a stranger watch it, while I went in the store to pee.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 11:37 PM on Sep. 17, 2009