Clothing line?!

Ok so my good friend and I were really thinking of opening our own clothing line. Just starting off selling things on ebay or what not until we are able to make enough money. I have a few questions! What are you looking for in childrens clothes? Comfort style..? What about most childrens clothes do you like and not like? How much would you pay for clothing items? Like Pj's, holiday dresses, pants of all kinds, shirts, sweaters, jackets? And would you be willing to buy clothing online for your children? If it was stylish, comfy, and a reasonable price? Any suggestions on how to succeed?! Thanks! :)

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 10:54 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I look for adjustable waist bands for my son who is two and a half. The cargo style is what I like for casual wear.
    I hate shirts that shrink, so pre-shrunk is a good selling point. Cotton with a bit of lycra or something to keep them from shrinking. (Hard to find)

PJ's have to have pull over top, no buttons.

07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 10:58 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• def agree with adjustable waist bands. It really depends on how much i spend. On holiday clothes or if something is really cute i'll spend more than i should haha but I like to spend $10-$20 for kids clothes.. but i've spent well over $50 for a cute dress. Comfy clothes are good. Offer shipping deals.. if you spend so much free shipping. Sounds fun! good luck!
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 11:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Yes I love the adjustable waist bands and I love having the option of rolling up the bottom of the pants to have long pants or capri pants for girls. I hate to spend more than $15-$20 for individual pieces for my kids. And I wish there was some way to make it easier for my kids to fasten their own clothes so at school they didnt have to ask for help. I do buy online sometimes but I like to be familiar with the brand so I know they will fit.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:06 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Wow I'm cheap. I only spend 5 dollars on each item for her. My daughter is almost four, because she grows kind of quickly at times I don't see the need to buy all her clothes brand new. The only thing that is brand new is shoes (undies of course), and winter jackets. Her jackets do add up, but she is able to wear them the following year.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 11:11 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I agree with the adjustable waist bands because my kids pants are always falling off. Or maybe if you dont make them with an adjustable waist u could sell belts in lots of different sizes, because half the time I cant find belts to fit my little man. I like the lil dresses that come with leggings for my little girl because then I know theres something covering her undies cause even an almost 4 yr old dont keep their legs closed with a dress on. Also I like the preshrunk idea cause then I know I can put it on them and not worry about if it will fit after it shrinks. I love overalls but I can never find any really cute ones for my kids at a good price, I wouldn't mind paying like $15 for a cute pair of pants,overalls and maybe $10 at the most for a shirt if the price of shipping isnt outrageous. And holiday outfits the most I've spent is $30. I just wish someone would make some cute clothes for boys at a reasonable price.
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 11:27 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Make sure you check out the CPSC information before getting too excited.

http://www.cpsc.gov/

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I am able to get brand name clothing at wholesale prices.I think you need to do more research.When you say clothing line,are you going to design them yourself and then manufacture them?Are you going to buy clothes and sell them on ebay?I think you mean you just want to sell on ebay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Sep. 17, 2009