schedule

So my 3 month old has a schedule, just not a very good one! It is probably my fault, but I want to know if it's a bad thing. My husband works 2nd shift (3:20-11:20) so he doesn't get home until 11:45. Anyway... she doesn't take her afternoon/evening nap until 9 or 10 pm because she always wakes up when daddy gets home, because we live in a one bedroom house and she can hear everything. Therefore, she doesn't go to bed until 12:30-1am and wakes once during the night and then wakes up around 10am and takes a morning nap until around 12pm. SOOOO what I;m trying to ask is ... is this a bad thing? Having a baby on a schedule that isn't conventional ... I just don't know how to break her of it until we move in a month to our new house which has 3 bedrooms that are upstairs!

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 10:58 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When my DH was in the military he worked at night and we did the same thing. I wanted him to spend time with her and I stayed at home so it really didnt matter to us. I think its ok when they are young but when it gets closer to time for school just gradually change it. As long as it works for you and your family is all that matters.
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 11:09 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• no and it will change as she gets older.. whatever works for your family.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 11:15 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• You're doing what works...that's the only thing that matters.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:18 AM on Sep. 18, 2009