have u or anyone u know ever tried the B-12 diet?

I'm currently taking the B-12 diet, and have been told by the doctor to only eat 700 calories a day. I'm starving. Do you have any suggestions of some good low cal foods I could eat?

usdragonflies

Asked by usdragonflies at 11:06 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I have heard of this diet, but I sure wouldnt touch it with a ten ft pole. Im not trying to discourage you from wt loss by any means, but that is WAY too low of calories for any person. You are starving your body to the point of barely having enough caloric intake for just maintaining daily functions. I have a hard time imagining any doctor putting anyone on this diet without a series of tests first to ensure too much stress wont be put on the heart and other organs. 30 to 42 pounds of wt loss in ten weeks time is an insane amount to lose so quickly. I would be very careful with this diet if I were you, you could experience things like low blood sugar, low blood pressure, a whole list of things. Please be careful
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 11:43 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• No way would a doctor tell you to eat 700 cals a day. You need a new diet.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 11:17 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I swear to you! They said 500 to 700 and no more! They said with this program, that i should lose 30 to 42 pounds in 10 weeks. I'm so hungry..lol!
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 11:21 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• This sounds so dangerous! Please get a second opinion.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:22 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I've heard of something like this, it's KILLED people in the UK. Please go eat something! You shouldn't eat less than 1200 calories a day I think.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 2:01 PM on Sep. 18, 2009