Does anyone love to crochet?

I love to crochet and I was wondering if anyone else liked to too. I would love to get some tips and tricks.

Tigeress444

Asked by Tigeress444 at 11:19 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I wish I could!!!! All I can do is the chain!!! lol
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 11:26 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I do! and I am only 20 weird huh? I don't understand the books and stuff tho because I kind of taught myself. I would like to learn the books tho. My favorite things to make are bags like purses and hats.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 11:35 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• "I do! and I am only 20 weird huh?"

LOL, totally not weird. I've been crocheting since I was 14. Im 23 now and I still L.O.V.E. it. Im currently working on a few blankets, some amigurumi and trying to crochet the perfect slouchy hat. Haha.
    MamaBee626

Answer by MamaBee626 at 2:03 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My Mom put a hook in my hand when I was 5 and I was "hooked" LOL. I now have 4 grown children and one still at home, and they all know that somewhere under the Christmas tree they each have something that Mom made. My favorite to make are afghans with pictures or personalization on them, but I also make sweaters, my daughter will be sporting a new one I made for her this fall, coasters, scarves, placemats, dog sweaters, (I learned to do those when I got my chihuahua) and lots of other stuff.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:01 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I do. I taught myself in 2006 after teaching myself to knit the year before. Right now I have like 10 projects going (I have ADD and I have to rotate projects to actually finish them, lol). They are split between knit and crochet projects. My favorite crochet one right now is a hexagon afghan I'm making using all the worsted weight yarns in my stash. It's very colorful and pretty and warm. It's about half done. It's about lap size now so even though it has ends hanging out I use it as a throw. When it's done it will fit my twin size bed.
    I mostly make afghans and amigurumi toys for the kids.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:17 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I'm self taught.

not very good at it but its fun!
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:30 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I LOVE IT! I first taught myself the slip stitch, and did it that way, then I decided to start trying to make money with it on etsy, so i taught myself by reading the book the single, double, half double and triple (Treble) stitches. I LOVE the triples. they're fun to do! it's easy to figure out how to do it, especially if you can get youtube videos to watch. I did that too especially trying to figure out the doubles and triples.
    Jordanplustwo

Answer by Jordanplustwo at 10:41 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Hookers have more fun!!

I've been knitting since I was 10 and just now learned to crothet.... 16 years later! check out this site : http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=354.0
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 5:50 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I have crocheted for years and am just teaching myself to knit. I love them both. I use crochet for mittens, slippers, hats , and bags and knit for cables scarves and bags.
    ysmeine

Answer by ysmeine at 7:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I love to  crochet, my favorite thing to make is doilies.  I taught myself so not always great at it but I do I am better at doilies then blankets or anything else. 

patchthatpays

Answer by patchthatpays at 5:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2009