Any Moms out there getting their kids the flu shot, but NOT the H1N1 Vaccination?

Any Moms out there getting their kids the flu shot, but NOT the H1N1 Vaccination? Please tell why or why not. Thanks in advance!

joannakitler

Asked by joannakitler at 11:30 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Health

• My daughter is getting the FLU shot, because it is recommended by her doctor. But i think i am going to hold off on the H1N1 Vaccination. I don't know.. i just don't want to be the 1st to take it. God forbid there were any MAJOR side effects or faults in the vaccination i would feel guilty and terrible if anything happened. I am taking lots of Vitamin D and making sure to wash my hands and my DD's as well. But once things are all figured out, they try it on a few people and it turns out ok, then i will consider getting her the vaccination, till then i am still skeptical.
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 11:42 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I got the DD her flu shot but not doing H1N1.. if she had a bad immune system and thought she would be dealthy ill because of the flu I might. I too am a little skeptical about it. Besides if they get the flu they can still get antibiotics at the dr and be just fine right? Or is that not right?? We need more info about this shot! Im confused about the whole thing haha
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 12:02 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Besides if they get the flu they can still get antibiotics at the dr and be just fine right? Or is that not right??

Actually since the flu is a virus and there is no known cure for a virus. There are no antibiotics. A virus has to run it's course. I totally wish there were antibiotics though. That would cut the stress levels way down!
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 12:08 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My daughter got the flu shot and the pneumonia shot, but not the h1n1 vaccine. I don't feel comfortable injecting us with vaccines that haven't been fully tested.
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 8:04 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I am going to see what me pediatrician says, but I leaning towards not letting my daughter get the h1n1, but I will get her the flu shot. Normally I probably wouldn't let her get it, but I'll have newborn at home and I am little worried about her getting any type of flu.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 8:56 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• my son got the flu mist (lasts longer than the flu shot for kids). I've gotten the flu shot every year for over 10 years now, so i am comfortable with it. My son WILL NOT get the H1N1 flu shot, nor will I. Maybe in a few years? Not enough research on the remake version from the last swine flu shot the government did (and had bad reslults from). This particular shot is new. It's not the same as the one they used before, so we really don't know if it's better, or it will have bad results too, like before.

FYI, antibiotics will not do anything for you if you the flu. If your doctor is giving you antibiotics for the flu, you are being misdiagnosed. The flu is viral. Antibiotics will not cure it. Now, doctors can/will give anti-viral meds for the flu to help you recover a little better. I've had these before.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 10:10 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• p.s. ya, the year i got the anti-viral meds for the flu, was the one year i missed my flu shot at work and forget to get it, lol.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 10:12 AM on Sep. 18, 2009