Negative Pregnancy Test

I finally got my period back Aug 4th, for the 1st time since I had my daughter in July 2008. My husband and I would like to have another baby, so we had sex on what we thought were my "most fertile" days in August. I have not yet had a period this month. I have also take 2 pregnancy test and they both said negative. Which is fine, I dont expect to get pregant the 1st month trying. Im more concerned about why I havent had my period this month, especially since I have been cramping on and off pretty bad.

I went to the obgyn the end of july and found out I had an ovarian cyst, which has since burst... I dont know if this could possibly have something to do with why I have not gotten another period.

Any advice would be greatly aprreciated! Thanks Ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• possibly
    are you breast-feeding?
    you may have some other issues or hormones out of wack ...
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 1:18 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I had a negative test when i was 7 days late. Then i tested again when i was 15days late and i got a positive result.. I am now almost 9weeks pregnant. How late are you? I would test again in a week if you still have not gotten your period. Or you can call you OB to get a test done there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I tested when I was a 2-3 days late.. negative. I then tested again at a week late and got my positive.. first month of not even trying just saying whatever happens happens. SO yes, it is possible! However, because of your cyst that burst I would call the doctor and see if that is supposed to effect your period. Also since it was your first period I wouldn't say you should be back to a "normal" period for about six months. SO good luck!!!!
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 1:03 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• ovarian cysts are awful. I have been suffering from them for years. I would get another ultrasound to check for cysts. I stopped eating wheat and gluten and poof! got pregnant on the first try.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:09 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• No, I am not breastfeeding anymore. My last period was expected August 30th so im 19 days late. I just took a test yesterday and it was negative.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Sep. 18, 2009