My youngthes granddaughter is 2 months old, What can I do to make her sleep the whole nigth?

MariaC

Asked by MariaC at 11:47 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My dd slept through the night at 1 month, it could be because she is a good baby, because my son never slept. However, I see the difference in the way they were raised ( I lived with my parents and miserable sisters when ds was a baby), and I know what I did with my dd, is developed a very strict feeding schedule and daily routine, so that she always knew what to expect. I held her frequently throughout the day, and answered her cries promptly, so she could bond with me, and develop a trust for me. Also, as i found out today, that if she doesn't get her "mommy time" she won't go to bed until she does. LOL (I was busy today). So play with the baby during wakeful times, take baby for walks also, the fresh air wears them out. Schedule naptime between noon and 3 pm, and no later, so the baby doesn't get confused. Good luck.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:11 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Sorry! Theres not really anything you can do. She is kinda young to sleep all night unless you have been blessed with a very good baby.
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 11:50 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Nothing, the baby will sleep through the night (which is only 5-6 hours) when they are older. It is not recommended to give babies cereal in their bottles anymore since it poses a choking hazard. I don't think that you can begin sleep training an infant until they are over six months old (in my opinion)
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:55 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• LOL mama...I had a funny image in my head when you said sleep training. I had some vision of educational babe einstein videos on sleep :-P. Anyway, my babies began sleeping through the night at 3 months on their own. Stopped for a while, and are now back to sleeping. They go down at 10pm and usually dont' wake till 5 or 6am. We didnt' do anything, they did it themselves.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 11:57 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Most 2 month old babies still need to eat during the night.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 12:17 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Pffff If you find something that works let me know beacuse my 8 months old is still waking up 1-2 times a night!!! Need some sleep here!!
    Iansmommy004

Answer by Iansmommy004 at 12:21 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• be thankfull a light sleeper is less likley to die fro m SIDS.

at 2mo you just have to deal with it, that is part of having babies
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• What i did with my daughter was go to bed at the same time every night from when she came home from the hospital til about 2 months..she is a great sleeper and has been sleeping all night since about the 3rd week home from the hospital going to bed at 9 and waking up at 1 then back to sleep til 8 or 9..soo its just a matter of how the mother is willing to work with her baby
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 1:50 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• She's only 2 months... most kids that age don't sleep through the night.
    But set a nice bed time routine, maybe swaddle her so she feels nice and snug
    She'll sleep through the night when she is ready
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:03 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• my son is three months old & he just started sleeping through the night. I give him his last bottle at 11pm & he sleeps until 5 or 6am. All I did was wake him up through out the day wash his face, change his diaper, rub his back, or tickle him. allowing him short naps only.
    also I just a body wash from johnsons & johnsons that helps babies sleep better.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:47 AM on Sep. 18, 2009