substitute teaching...

I am substitute teaching tomorrow for the very first time and I'm really excited and a little nervous! Any last minute tips/advice from you who have been in my shoes before?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Sep. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• I haven't been there yet, but good luck and congratulations! I am also working on my teaching degree...so I am jealous :) Be confident and smile...they smell fear lol!
    yomamaporter

Answer by yomamaporter at 12:30 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I didn't see your post until today. Hope it went well. One tip - at the office where you want to substitute most often, ask if they have a "preferred substitute list" and if you can be put on it. Here all the schools have one and that way you'll be one of the first they call. Also, at the end of the school day I always leave a note for the teacher stating how things went and telling them you would love to substitute for them anytime (if that's true). That way, hopefully they will request you next time - most teachers like to develop a "relationship" with a sub that is responsible and does a good job.

Answer by missanc at 8:30 AM on Sep. 18, 2009