How do u feel about the IUD?

So ok i was researching, i found a lot of scary stories about the IUD... There was a person and the iud disappear and the dr couldnt find it.. They found it in her abdominal cavity.. They had to do surgery to remove it... I hav the IUD, i had it about 2yrs, i'm start to feel sharp pain in my uterus and my body hurts all the time...I don't hav no engery... I even got depressed from it...I hav a friend who got pregnant w/ it...The nurse missed placed it.... The thing that sucks is that i dnt hav insurance so i can remove it from my old dr's, so i have go to a clinic and i got an appointment next month to remove it. I can't wait; it feels a long time. I'm hav suck it up for a month....I want to knw how u ladies feel about it...

amarilis07

Asked by amarilis07 at 12:02 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Health

• No me gusta the IUD. I know that clinically it's a good form of BC, but I know too many people who have had problems with it. I will never use one, that' sfor sure.

Good luck!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:04 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I haven't had any problems with the Mirena IUD, but not every woman is the same. You will find a ton of horror stories and not many good ones. Why would people write blogs, etc if they are having a good experience with something. But if they have a bad experience they tell eveyone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• IUDs have a long, scary history of PID, infertility, and class action lawsuits.

Try a diaphram

Answer by rkoloms at 10:11 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I love mine. Had it put in 2 years ago and havent had a period in a year, never have to think about getting pregnant, taking a pill, going into have ashot, or anything else. Sorry u r having so many propblems. I have the plastic, 5 year form and it is great :)
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 3:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2009