Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need advice

so my hubby is still good friends with and ex couple we used to hang out with all them time until she started trying to get too close with my man. well they are now separtated but he get the kids on weekends. he invited us to his house and so our kids can all play together. would you still go even with the situation? I'm worried crazy ass will show up and be some drama. what do you think??

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (4)
  • u cant blame him for her. and if she comes, just leave. your there to enjoy yourselves and let your children play togethe rand have fun. dont worry about her.

    Answer by krisew90 at 12:08 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

  • I'd go. If she shows up uninvited, leave. Warn your husband ahead of time that you will have to all go home if she shows up because you don't want anything to start, especially with the kids there.

    Answer by momma_shuler at 12:09 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

  • Go over still & if there is drama leave when you feel uncomfortable. If she does decide to start up some drama I would lay it all out on the table immediately about how you feel. Tell her that you simply dont want to act like your in high school & you dont want to hear her bad mouthing him & vice versa from him. You wont be a go between for the two of them so anything she says to you will not get said to him & vice versa. I just went through this with some friends & that is exactly what I did I said look this is how its going to be or we're not going to be friends period. They accepted the terms, for the time being at least, & things are good at the moment.

    Answer by Mel30248 at 12:12 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

  • Well, just go and let kids have fun.

    Answer by ocsosomom at 12:26 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.