looking for advice

Me and this guy have been dating for two months. The first couple of weeks he says i dont seem into him (i was being distant b/c of fear of being hurt again b/c me r PIGS). So i finally realize I REALLYlike him so I open up and start showing it. Now he is always busy, he texts me then i text him and he responds like a hour later! He says he will never hurt me and will always be honest with me. I dont want to seem clingy but now he seems distant. What should i do? or what should i say to him? should I just leave it alone? I am so scared that I may really really like him and get hurt ONCE AGAIN BY ANOTHER MAN.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• So he takes an hour to respond! Not important! he does have other things in his life going on besides waiting to hear from you, right? (If he has nothing else to do than wait for messages from you, then RUN the other way as fast as you can.)

Relax.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:15 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Well, if you feel scared right now, that means you have to calm down a bit. Keep yourself busy so you won't keep thinking of him. Let him come after you which means you have to stop texting him now. Hope you will figure out what to do soon! Good luck!
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 12:17 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Well first of all why are you waiting for his phone call... you just meet him 2 mths ago. If you've been hurt before then take your time, and if he texts you it's all up to you if you want to text him back , but in my case. I would like an old fashion phone call and hearing someone's voice on the other line.

Do what's best for you.
    margodod

Answer by margodod at 12:19 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• You havent been together for that long so I wouldnt rush into it in the first place. I'd either leave things alone (dont get too attached) & see where it goes or I'd lay it all out for him how you fell. I'd tell him that you arent looking for another heartbreak but your not saying you want to marry him either you just want a commitment & something that is serious. Explain that you've had your heart broken several times before & your not interested in doing that again. I wouldnt worry about text messages being an hour apart though isnt that why ppl text for the convience to read & respond when able to? I'd honestly just talk to him if hes not interested in what your looking for then he can hit the road rather then dragging you along for a heartbreak roller coaster.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 12:19 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Lay out everything you feel then leave him alone. If he's like.. "Ok, I know how she feels and I feel the same," then he'll come to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• This is what sucks about trying to date after you have been hurt so much. It's so hard to trust someone, I'm just at the point to where I don't want anything to do with men!. Try to keep yourself occupied and keep your mind off of him as much as possible, that will help some.
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 9:01 AM on Sep. 18, 2009