Birthday at Chuck e Cheese's! Any advice?

My DH insists on having a bday party for my son's 5th birthday at chuck e cheese's. Well, we invited 10 kids and now we have about 17 because most of the parents are bringing their nieces, nephews and cousins. Anyway, this wouldnt be a problem, but anyone that knows about chuck e cheese's knows how expensive parties there are. They are charging us $18 per kid. My DH is now trying to be cheap and doesnt want to increase the number of reserved seats for the rest of the other kids coming. Well, I disagree. The kids coming are expecting the Chuck e cheese experience,and now some of the kids are going to be upset that they did not get any balloons or souvenir cups or hell even the food.

Any advice?!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would price out how much it would be to order a cake, provide snacks, make treat bags, get decorations, & provide entertainment if you were to have his bday at home. I'm sure it's cheaper to pay the Chuck E Cheese price then to go out & buy everything seperately remember decorations can be a lot of money! I'd then present this to him & say look its cheaper to do it at Chuck E Cheese look. Maybe that will shut him up lol
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 12:15 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• sometimes you can get coupons.
    What my friend did was made cupcakes made little treat bags, (which you can buy good candy in bulk and buy little toys from the dollar store) what she did was order pizza there and drinks and had coupons for all that and plus tokens.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:22 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I say that only the child invited get to sit at the table. Any Chuck E Cheese I'vebeen to has tables in the party area. The rest of the kids go there. Let the parents know that only the invitee gets the party but pizza will be provided to the other kids just not the rest of the party wares. Sorry put your foot down. It's your money. I have never taken my other kids to someone's elses party and expected the party throwers to foot their bills. Sorry but thats just plain rude.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Sorry, but people shouldn't bring along kids that weren't invited. You have no obligation to pay for the uninvited kids. Tell the people that they can bring other kids but they are responsible for the cost of those kids. Your friends, etc are being rude. Your husband is correct. Stand your ground.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:46 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I agree. You have no obligation to pay for the extra kids.

I think you DH is nuts for wanting it at Chuck E. Cheese. They are expensive and it's not even a private party!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• We recently did our kids party there. I have mixed feelings about the party because of what happened with the guy in the suite. It was no fault of the store's but it could have been a disaster for all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I would let the parents know that they will have to pay for the extra kids, Tell them you had a budget and your budget included only their kids, not their relatives
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• I always have my son' birthday party at a place such as chuck e cheeses. What I do is wait for the day of the party. Most parents are aware that the extra kids are not invited and will pay their way for tokens, food, etc, but what I do is wait and see. There is always people that say they will come on the RSVP and then do not show up. When this happens I now have "extra money" for the kids that were not invited. I let them take the place of the kids that did not show up. I hope this helps.
    proudmom-2

Answer by proudmom-2 at 12:22 AM on Sep. 19, 2009

• wow I had my son's b-day party there last year and it was $11 per kid.. 18 is alot!
    I would not be happy about people bring uninvited kids.. I would only pay for the ones who were invited thats pretty darn rude of people to just bring along extra kids!
    jenntysmom

Answer by jenntysmom at 3:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2009