Help with finances

I need help bad, we got in the negative when I moved back doen here, and now we just can't get out of it. no credit card debt. just basic stuff. Anyone know someplace I could go, or some one who can help me? it is so bad I am not sure how I am going to get food anymore.

dmesterse

Asked by dmesterse at 12:24 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• Bulk shop for food. Buy meats in large containers & split it up into ziploch bags into portions your family will eat per meal. Make a meal plan before going shopping meaning wirte out what you'll be eating for each meal per week/month & buy what you need for that. Start checking out the online sites for recipes you'll find cheaper meals by doing that. Thats the only suggestions I have for ya.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 12:32 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• During these tough times, don't be afraid to get a little help. Go to your local DHS office and fill out a foodstamp form. Ask them for the names or numbers of certain organizations that may be able 2 help with electric bills etc if u find yourself in a bind. Good luck and God bless.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:32 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• They would laught at me if I went down there to apply for food stamps, We make to much, I have made out a budget, I shop in bulk (when I have money) I plan my meals and don't spend on anything that I dont need to. It doesnt make sense how we are still in the whole unless I am missing something in the budget and that would have to be about $600 of something. I put in for all the meds and dog food, all the personal hiegene, I cant think of anything. We should be saving money by now.
    dmesterse

Answer by dmesterse at 12:42 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• head to Consumer Credit Counseling Services. They help anyone needing budget assistance.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:46 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I know where you are coming from, A few days before pay day, I am panicking. We end up eating pancakes for breakfast everyday because it's cheap.

I got laid off last year.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 1:01 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Our money is spent even before that. I just got out of the military, but the unemployment is enough. I just dont get it.
    dmesterse

Answer by dmesterse at 10:03 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I know around here, different church's will help people. I would try calling different places for food pantry's and church's. They usually don't ask about income or anything either. I wish you the best of luck, alot of us have been there. Praying for you girl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Sep. 20, 2009