can your work dock your pay for that week if you were over on your break time by 45 seconds?

my work docks your pay by 15 min if you are at ALL late on your break time.... is that even legal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think so????
    madsmom314

Answer by madsmom314 at 12:35 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• By 45 seconds? Uh, no. How can they even CALCULATE that?

Answer by gdiamante at 12:37 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• they have a thing that shows the time and length all of the agents went on break. i went over by 2 min on accident bc i was talking to my manager and they told me they will not dock my pay but to be careful, (they like me a lot and my mom works corporate) one guy went over by 45 seconds and they docked his pay by 15 minutes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I don't believe it. Where do u work?
    madsmom314

Answer by madsmom314 at 1:18 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• The can dock it for the time that you are late. That's it nothing more nothing less. UNLESS you signed something giving them permission to do so when you started work there.

However in this economy I wouldn't rock the boat. They can replace anybody very easily with so many unemployed.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 1:24 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Depending on your state i don't think so. They're not allowed to take any money away from you for time you've worked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I would check with the labor laws in your state, but a job I worked at here in VA did not pay you if you punched in within 7 minutes before your scheduled time to begin or within 7 minutes after your schedule time to leave.
    Many times I was asked to punch in early, but if it was within that 7 minute timeline I refused. We were then told that we were not allowed to cash-out our registers until the time we were on the schedule to leave and we had 5 minutes to do the cash-out, which meant they didn't have to pay us to stay that time beyond our scheduled time.
    I was not about to get jipped so I took my sweet time doing my cash-outs and always punched out beyond the 7 minute timeline so I could get paid. They didn't like it, but I told them that if I was scheduled at a certain time to end then that is when I end. If they want me to stay beyond that time then they better expect to pay me.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:58 AM on Sep. 18, 2009