Do you ever feel like you're a crappy mom???

Lately I REALLY do! I feel soooo bad. Ther's been A LOT going on lately, but I shouldn't use excuses. I know I've been lacking patience. I feel like lately I've been doing alot of yelling and my 3 year olds been doing alot of crying. This makes me soooo sad. And I feel really guilty. Although, she is tough little cookie and she does have a VERY hard time listening most of the time. So lately I've been lacking patience when I have to repeat myself 5 times. Or else u can't get her to understand u mean buisness unless u raise ur voice. I feel guilty, because I know in the end... it's my fault. I love her soooo much, I hate all this craziness. We used to hav soooo much fun. Things just seem to be getting harder. So, in the end, I feel pretty crappy, do you or have you ever felt like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I have my days........... but I know that there is nothing I wouldn't do for my children. And that they are happy-cared-for and healthy kids. I try to remember that I am HUMAN and that there is NO ONE out there that can do a better job than I can because I am their mommy!

((HUGS)) to you! Don't beat yourself up!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Oh of course! Crap happens. I have to say though, if she is only responding when you yell at her, thats because you are doing quite a bit of yelling. At least with my own kids thats what it mean't. I calmed down, told hub I needed a break, and taught myself some patience and understanding. I kid you not, 2 weeks after I quit yelling period, my kids started listening to me again. Now, I only have to ask them to (or not to do, whichever) do something and they do it or stop doing it immediately. Life gets hectic and again, crap happens, just take a step back and realize you won't get this time back.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 12:38 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• YES I feel this way from time to time & just today in fact. My DD is 21 mo & its getting harder to have patience with her. She dosent understand that I'm serious, gets distracted easily, wants to have full independence, throws tantrums if she dosent get her way etc. When I get really angry at her I feel horrible but I cant rewind & take it all back I just have to improve for the next time (hard yes I know). Dont worry mommy we all lose our patience & dont let anyone fool you into thinking that your being a bad mom b/c your not we all feel this way at some point. Oh & 3 is a tough age not that I personally know yet but we have a lot of 3 yo friends & boy I'm scared! They take a lot of work at that age or so it seems lol I'm looking forward to it!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 12:41 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I have a 3yr old who goes through this as well. And sometimes I feel the same way you do, but I know that I love him and he knows I love him. Sometimes just a one on one talk with him will help him understand that he can't act a certain way because of whatever reason. And I also tell him that mommy loves him and wants to play and have fun with him and that I don't like having to yell or punish him. This usually works. The last time he went though a spell was about 2mths ago and it lasted 2wks. Now he is doing it again, it's been a week and I think it's time for the talk again. Good luck and don't feel bad you obviously love your girl and I know she loves you or she wouldn't cry when your mad.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 1:03 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I feel this way daily...I am a mom suffers from bio polar & manic depression and I feel I take everything out on my kids and they didn't ask for it but I don't know how to not be this way....I have tried to stop the yelling in the past and that didn't help my home any!!! I just take things one day at a time and try not to beat myself down because I do the best I can with what I got....*HUGS* and good luck hun things gotta get better!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I lose the Mom of the Year award every day. We are hard on ourselves. It's a tough age. Lots of love, lots of kisses, and lots of "I'm proud of you for..." will help.
    I feel crappy when I am reduced to yelling, too. And like you, I'm not like that...
    I almost feel worse when I see a mom yelling at a kid out in public and my thoughts automatically go to "What did that child do to that poor woman?" :)
    mnrsmom900

Answer by mnrsmom900 at 9:34 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I think we all feel this way some days...and if someone tells you they don't, I wouldn't believe them. I haven't met the perfect mom yet. We have such high standards that we feel we have to live up to. I feel as though I'm doing the best I can at any given moment. Sometimes my best is to yell because if I don't yell I'm really going to lose it! I love my children (ages 7 and 3 both boys, both non-listeners!) more than anything in this world (on a Mother can understand the depth of a mother's love) but it doesn't mean I feel great about the job I'm doing on a daily basis. Yes I yell, yes I slam doors, yes I scream, yes I lock myself in my bathroom to try to get 5 minutes of peace (rarely works), yes I play with my children, yes I read to my children, yes I love on my children...I do all the good and bad things Mom do......we all do. Just know at the end of the day that she knows you love her!
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 11:08 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My 4yo son and I are going through right now too. :(
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 1:19 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• No really, my son is well adjusted and old enough to make his own decisions, well most decisions. I am human and therefore make mistakes, I learn from those mistakes and my son is surviving. I don't sweat the small stuff, I raise him as I feel is right and good for him and don't worry about the outcomes too much. There are just too many things that I cannot control and I know that my son loves me at the end of the day and that is all that matters.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:43 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Yes, every mom does. I have 3 kids, eldest 4, youngest 4mo, and my son is two. I don't really have an outlet for reducing stress, and we get out twice a month to go to Walmart :) It is a hard age, but every age comes with challenges. Thanks Lissa27504, I know I'm not nutty to lock myself in the bathroom for a moment of peace. I just love the hell out of them, and I'm sure they will have tales of woe to tell in college, but i am striving to do my best. Sometimes i just have to remember to sit down with my son and hold him when he is acting up. That all he needs is TLC, not me yelling.....and pass the baton to dad when he gets home....

momofcali3

Answer by momofcali3 at 10:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2009