Parents Sue Walmart After Kids' Bath Photos Fiasco..they TOOK THE KIDS AWAY over BATH photos!!

PHOENIX — An Arizona couple accused of sexual abuse after taking bath-time photos of their children and then trying to have them developed at Walmart are suing the state and the retail giant.

Lisa and Anthony "A.J." Demaree's three young daughters were taken away by Arizona Child Protective Services last fall when a Walmart employee found partially nude pictures of the girls on a camera memory stick taken to the store for processing, according to the suit.

The Peoria couple's attorney said Walmart turned the photos over to police and the Demarees were not allowed to see their children for several days and didn't regain custody for a month while the state investigated.

They were 1 1/2, 4 and 5. They are sueing walmart! I would too! I have bath photos of my kids...maybe not at 5...but it was only like 6 pictures out of 144 on the card and they took the kids for a MONTH! What do you think?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 12:47 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:47 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Uh yea would so sue walmart over that. I have pics of me when I was in the tub from when i was around 3 with my sister 4 going on 5. I have pics of my son bathing and playing with his foam soap. And know of many people who take pics of their kids in the tub. Utterly ridiculous! I cant believe that , I would die not being able to see my son for a month.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 12:50 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Well maybe they should watch what they take pictures of.
    They will lose , Walmart suspected abuse and did what they are SUPPOSED to do report it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• are you in arizona?? i didnt hear anything about this... Hm is it on the news tonight?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:55 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• how the heck do you suspect abuse over BATH pictures? jeez, i even have bath pics of my kids! God forbid we take pics of our kids potty training now....wonder what kind of trouble people will get in for that??? REDICULOUS!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I think it's absolutely crazy! I would also sue Wal-Mart.
    I don't know how bath photos are considered abuse.
    Most of us have bath time pics of our kids.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 12:59 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I would sue for sure! I take pics of my kids at bath time. There are TONS of parents that do! And guess what? I have those pics in scrapbooks....gasp! I have taken professional pics of my kids nude. I don't take frontal pics...but when my duaghter was 2 months we went to babies r us and she is laying on a blanket with rose petals naked. I also have a pic of my son in a pail with bath duckies all around him. WOW!!! I mean, really? Bathtime photos with kids splashing around remind people of kids being sexually abused...whose mind is really in the gutter there? I think those employees at Walmart. Yep, I'd sue. I think 11 out of 12 people would think they are nuts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Oh yea...Walmarts gonna be paying them! They are gonna be some wealthy people after this. I will definately keep an eye out for the update.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• The states are getting REALLY out of hand in trying to protect kids. There are cases like these all over the place! They can take kids and ask questions later. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? And then there are cases where kids are locked up in cages and die in a mess of their own excrement. How the FUCK (pardon my french) do we let those go and take kids for BATH PICTURES?! I'm freakin OUTRAGED and SCARED! I live in Arizona! That's freakin' SCARY, dude.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:03 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• When my baby was a newborn, I had a professional pic of me and her breastfeeding. She is naked and I don't have a shirt on. I guess next that will be sexual abuse. People are so paranoid about sex and sexual predators that we forget the normal things. Bathtime, breastfeeding, cute little butt pics when they are infants....normal. I hope Walmart pays out the ass for that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Sep. 18, 2009