Has sex actually ever made anyone go into labor?

I have heard it works, but I am wondering if anyone has actually had it happen to them

ScEmz

Asked by ScEmz at 12:48 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i have no idea but it did make me bleed.
    lifeisgreatbut.

Answer by lifeisgreatbut. at 12:50 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• It made me dilate to 4 cm. but labor stopped :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• As with all other "natural induction methods", it only works if your baby is ready to come out anyway.

With my 2nd baby, I had had contractions all night long and by about 6am that morning, I was over it. I told DH, "We're having sex so this baby will speed up!" Prior to that, my contractions were about 5 minutes apart. After sex, they were 2 mins apart and extremely painful. There was a mad dash to pack up our stuff, our son, and head to the hospital. When we arrived, an hour and a half later....my contractions had slowed back down to 5 minutes apart. TALK ABOUT DEPRESSING. Lol. My daughter did arrive later that afternoon, but I'm not sure sex had much of anything to do with it.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 3:26 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• P.S. I was 41w,1d.
    fluud7

• Yes, with each of mine.
    1Namba

Answer by 1Namba at 7:41 AM on Sep. 18, 2009