Has sex actually ever made anyone go into labor?

I have heard it works, but I am wondering if anyone has actually had it happen to them

ScEmz

Asked by ScEmz at 12:49 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nope but it made me dilate to 4 cm. lol and then it just stopped :/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• It will help ripen your cervix and get your body ready for labor. If your'e ont he cusp it can get it started. But it won't make you go into labor if you're notready.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:57 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• with my first child, we had sex around 6am and around 12 noon I had my first contraction.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• It's the semen. My old neighbor used it and it helped induce both of her kids. However it's never worked for me. But then my kid are stubborn. With my 2 second I was over 5 cm when they finally induced me. And with my 3rd I was 6 by the time I had my first contraction and even then it still would have been almost midnite before I had him if my doc hadn't taken pity on my and started the pitocin.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 1:21 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• yes with our 2nd child 30 minutes after finishing i started contracting i was 38 weeks along, i am hoping it works this time to lol
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 1:38 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• yes it may me go into labor
    keylin

Answer by keylin at 1:41 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• worked for us, i cant say it was right away it was more that our doctor advised we start having it more often a few times a day to help my cervix, i was already 2 weeks past my due date so he told us to go home and for me to have a glass of wine and spend some quiet time with my hubby.

The semen helps you cervix and by upping the amount of sex your having it helps get your body ready, it is not a have sex and go into labor within so many hours type of thing.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:11 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• worked for us make sure you try the breast stimulation...it gets the oxytocin going.
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 3:04 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• With in 30 minutes of having sex I was having very regular contractions, but I was already dilated to 3 cm. If your body isn't ready, nothing is going to help.
    mandamitch

Answer by mandamitch at 11:30 AM on Sep. 20, 2009