is it normal for kids to fall and stuff this ofteN?? i feel horrible!!

my dd is 7 months and is ALL over the place crawling and standing walking while holding onto stuff... yesterday she was crawling and fell and hit her cheek on a toy and has a little bity bruise. today, just now, she fell and hit her mouth on a toy and got a little split lip from it. is this normal? i feel so HORRIBLE! i watch her ALL the time! but accidents happen right?? :( i just feel horrible!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its normal, my son is one and does this all the time. All i can say is you'll get used to it because the older they get there more then seem to get hurt, because they start climbing and getting into other things.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 2:44 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Accidents do happen and this will continue for many more years. It doesn't matter if you are standing right beside her, you can't prevent every fall. Just keep up what your doing and everything will be fine. Toddlers and babies get all kinds of boo boos.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 1:05 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• SO normal! my DD (14 months) has gotten 3 bruises oh her little noggin in the past two days!!! I feel awful too! That's more bruises that she's had her whole life!! They are very resilient though! hang in there mama!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• hehehe...just wait till she learns to walk and is working on her balance...you'll find bruises that you'll have no idea how they go there. don't worry momma, it's totally normal. you can't keep your eyes on them 24/7, and normally, and i swear they do it on purpose, they find the 1 second you turn your head to fall.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• oh man we call my DD head an accident magnet. she is constantly no matter what hitting her head on something. i always feel so horrible but i guess i should just get used to it shes just going to move onto bigger and better bumps and bruises!
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 1:36 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Until about 3, your child will fall while walking over flat surfaces relatively regularly. It happens. Protect her as much as you can, but understand that it is normal. Know the signs to look out for in case of actual medical attention, and be sure not to panic when she does fall.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:49 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My son just turned 1 and theres been days for the last few months where i've been nervous to go out he's all beat up..lol you can't help it they are kids
    howardsmom

Answer by howardsmom at 2:47 AM on Sep. 18, 2009