Letting things go (farting, stop wearing makeup, etc)...

When I see older couples like my parents or even other couples my age, it seems like they just don't really care. My cousin will fart on her boyfriend and tell people when she has to go. My dad farts WHILE eating dinner in the kitchen. My mom walks around with her boobs by her belly button and refuses to wear a bra.

Am I weird for keeping my toots to a minimum, and quiet? Am I weird for still wearing some makeup around my hubby after 4 years and wearing a bra?

What's it like for you?

ours

Asked by ours at 12:57 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• lol! It's normal to get comfortable in your relationships. My hsuband and I rate each other's farts :p But it's okay to keep that to yourself and take pride in your appearance, too. Do what makes you happy.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:59 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• No, you're not.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:59 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I always wear a bra, and I put on make-up almost every day because I like it. As for farting, I do try to keep it silent when, but I won't make a big deal if it just so happens not to be silent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Hubby and I are very comfortable with eachother I think its awesome. I've never been this comfortable with anyone before
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 1:04 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• It's not "weird" of you. Yeah, my hub and I rate each others farts too! It's not that we "just don't care", it's that we've gotten comfortable. It's about what YOU enjoy, and you aren't weird for it. We enjoy being totally comfortable with each other but to someone else, WE might seem weird.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 1:05 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• ew i think what you said is just trashy and inconsiderate. FARTING during dinner time... NOT wearing a bra around people? WOW

there are things people do when they get used to eachother, yeah i might fart on my SO in PRIVATE... but i will NEVER fart at dinner or tell people i have to GO...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My boyfriend of 3 years farts around me, burps in my face, and moons me. I, on the other hand, always wear makeup, tell him girls don't do "number two," and make sure there's nothing in my teeth. I'm comfortable around him and ok with him being comfortable around me. But I'll be damned if I don't appear my best around him. HaHa
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• youre not weird for being that way. my mom is like that.. her and my father have been together for 25 years and STILL wears make up in front of him every day

me personally.. have never been so comfortable with anyone as i am with my husband. we fart in front of each other.. and i wear a bra all day until after dinner and i get cozy clothes on. i have no problem walking around braless with dh around. and if i dont feel like wearing makeup that day.. well i just dont put it on. i dont care if dh sees me that way.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 1:18 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Whatever floats ya boat - everybody's different.

Personally - I've never worn make up or been shy about my normal bodily functions. I'm very "what you see is what you get".... and my hubby knew exactly what he was getting from the first time we met.

After your husband has had to change your pad & help you go to the bathroom after a Csection -- all bets are pretty much off.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:20 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My DH swears that it is not within my capabilities to fart. period. He may have heard me a couple times while pregnant on accident but he always jokes that I dont fart because I never do it around him.
    I try to wear make up but he always begs me not to so I have a feeling he doesnt care.
    As for the bra. ALWAYS, unless Im sleeping.

The main issue with me is to make sure that I always smell good and clean.
    HIM on the otherhand is a different story. He will poop in the bathroom while Im in the shower, moon me, jiggle his belly and let his buttcrack hang out. lol. so attractive.

jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:08 AM on Sep. 18, 2009