How common are false positives?

I took a test(at almost approximately 5 weeks pregnant with my estimation) and got two dark pink lines within seconds. I have heard mostly positive comments concerning new choice pregnancy tests from Dollor Tree. I am pretty sure that I am pregnant but I go through my moments of doubt.

tickled_pink09

Asked by tickled_pink09 at 1:23 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There is no false positives, only false negatives
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 1:28 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• No if it's positive it's positive; there are only false negatives. Unless you have a chemical pregnancy (you haven't got any injections to improve fertility, have you?) Ahh screw it your pregnant, CONGRATS ON NEW BABY!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• thanks!!!!
    tickled_pink09

Answer by tickled_pink09 at 1:31 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• There is a such thing as a false positive, but they are SUPER rare... like, almost never. And when there is a false positive it's faint. You got two dark lines... you're definately preggers!

COngrats!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:38 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Haha, I had two positive pregnancy tests at home and then when I had my first drs appt (a week or two later) he came in and told me it was negative (then minutes later two giggly nurses came to the door and said it was positive but just barely!). There is such thing as a chemical pregnancy, where your egg gets fertilized in your falopian tube but then when it reaches the uterus, it doesnt attach for some reason and just cycles through like I normal period. I'd say at 5 weeks though it's most likely attached. It only takes 2 weeks from fertilization to implantation.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 1:41 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• well get a blood test.... when i got pregnant of my daughter i took a over the counter test and it camo out negative i took a nother one to make sure and it was positive i took the last one from the pack and it was one light and one dark i maid an appointment at the clinic and it was neggative i went to weeks later again because i was feeling sick and they said i was a month and a half pregnant ..... I have had the same thing go on with both of my kids......
    Jeannie818

Answer by Jeannie818 at 1:59 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I am not on any meds
    tickled_pink09

Answer by tickled_pink09 at 2:13 AM on Sep. 18, 2009