How to deal with an ex wife that will not stop texting/emailing

Husbands ex wife (they have three kids) will not stop after 2 years of seperation, texting or emailing. It is driving me nuts!!! it is personal and not at all to do with the kids. How in the hell do you handle this, i have asked him to take care of it, but he is scared she will take child rights away. What can i do!!????

HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• If your husband doesn't want to deal with it then tell him to ask her to please only talk to him about their children. I'm not sure what advice to give you because me and my ex get along and talk about our personal lives (not relationship things). I think there are some things that are should be overlooked and if he is willing to listen to her talk about it then I would just let her. Maybe tell her not to text because he can't reply so that the personal messages are only e mails that he can avoid reading. When you have kids with an ex that makes it difficult in different situations but I worry about the bigger stuff. If my ex wants to vent about his brother or job then I let him vent. It helps us get along and we don't even go by our divorce decree.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:45 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• If he finds it as annoying as you do, I'd probaly just over look it nothing is going to come of it. (option 1)
    (option 2) obtain a lawyer if necessary to fight for his childs rights and keep copies of the e-mails etc... being sent to your husband for evidence if any is needed. Get him to send her an e-mail discussing that he doesn't want any contact with her for any other reason but to deal with his children, explaining that he is happily married, and although he does love his children doesn't require constant contact with her about her personal life or every day matters, i hope this helps good luck.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 1:45 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Or have him tell her that would prefer to handle their relationship as business partners and that the children are the buisness. That he would prefer that they keep their personal lives private from each other. That is if this is what he wants. My fiancee lets me handle things with the rule making. He has tried to push how he thinks things should be done and it always stresses me out because I am torn on what is best in the situation or whether I upset my fiancee. Not a good position to be in and I usually choose what I wanted to in the first place (which would be toleratiing personal information) because getting along with the ex is very important on raising a child with them when divorced
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:49 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• what is she texting about?
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:52 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• girl I HANDLED that shit...the same thing was going on with my hubby's ex...we were married and she would text and call...i told her to chill out....but not so nicely lol...but it worked...
    krazi_beautyful

Answer by krazi_beautyful at 3:25 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My husband still talks to his ex-wife, they are friends. They don't have kids together, either. I'm just fine with them talking, as my husband is very open about it and makes it clear, both to her and me, that they are NOT romantic in any way.

But if your husband doesn't want to remain friends with her and/or you aren't okay with it. He should tell her that he isn't okay with the non-child related communication.

If they have court ordered custody, she CANNOT take his visitation rights away. If she tries, document it and take her to court.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:11 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Well he needs to tell her flat out that the only communication she should be doing is ones about the kids. He should tell her that he does not need to know her personal business he does not care about her personal life as he has moved on and has a new life- without her. If she keeps up with personal messages tell her she will be hearing from your lawyer for harrassment or stalking. I would save and document all her calls, messages and such. As for her using the kids- I would turn all documents over to the lawyer and turn the tables on her and take her to court for custody/visitation rights.
    Good luck
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:24 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• if they have a court order she can not take his rights away for asking her to keep all communication directly related to the children and any judge would laugh her out of court for trying. he needs to tell her to cut back on the texts/emails and only contact him when it's related to the children, then stop responding to anything she says.

my ex used to call/text/email all the time about nothing, or just to yell at me because he was in a bad mood (he was abusive though). it took him a while after i told him to keep it related to our daughter only, but when he kept being met with silence from me he got the point.
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 11:14 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• oh, and one other thing, when your DH tells her to keep communication to a minimum make sure he's pleasant but firm. it looks a lot better in court if you ask nicely and respectfully before going ape shit on someone.
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 11:17 AM on Sep. 18, 2009