NEED HELP!! relocating

Okay so im tired of looking at discussion boards for this and im in need of help. My family and I are going to be moving to Fort Myers/ Cape Coral area of Florida in March and Im hoping someone on here can give me some specifics about cost of living there.

For example, what bills you pay, about how much, etc.

I know I will have
Car Insurance-
Renters Insurance-
Electric-

Not sure about---
Gas???
Water??
Sewage??

I dont expect detailed amounts but, Im trying to figure out if I can afford renting a 700 dollar house with all the extra expenses.

Thanks in advance for any help...

terra6211

Asked by terra6211 at 2:01 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Travel

• Check this out. http://www.bankrate.com/calculators/savings/moving-cost-of-living-calculator.aspx

Answer by gdiamante at 2:33 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I live on the east coast of Florida. You didn't mention anything about having jobs lined up. That would be my first concern. Unemploymnet in Florida is higher than national average right now. Most jobs here are very low paying - if you can find one service jobs. Those of us that are professionals - nurses, therapists, etc. are struggling to find employment. March is the end of "season" when the snowbirds leave for the North during the summer. Unemployment rises in Florida between March and late fall.
    I mention this because just this morning I was reading that Ft Myers/Cape Coral has the highest unemployment in the state.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 8:36 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• You could also use this one  compares people; economy; housing; health; crime; climate; education; transportation; religion; voting; cost of living.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Sep. 20, 2009