what's the best way to potty train a girl

this is my first child and i've been told that it can be a little more challenging to potty train a girl than a boy. so i just want to know what were the best methods that you've used or know of.
thanks for the posts in advance!

ilmilu00

Asked by ilmilu00 at 2:16 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have a two year old and it is not hard to train a girl. We use dora undies(her favorite character) and we have a Dora potty training chart where she can earn stickers for going potty. 1 sticker for peeing, and two stickers for poop, and three stickers for both. You can find the chart online. She loves to earn stickers and we don't have to remind her to use the potty...because she can't wait to earn a sticker.
    ssteinbergher

Answer by ssteinbergher at 7:11 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• easier, just get a toilet seat cover seat for a child and a stool
    do it often
    1 thing in the morning
    sleeping pads
    pullups
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I only have girls and so does my mother, so I don't know if it is harder or not. But we did once they could hold it, I bought the cloth training undies from Geber and a little potty. Some stickers or yogourt covered rasins for rewards. Read and sang songs until they peed/pooed at times I knew they needed to go.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:45 AM on Sep. 18, 2009