why are my sons eyes blue?

my husband and i both have brown eyes but our son has blue eyes with only a dot of brown near his pupil hes 6months old now and we thought they would change to brown but still no sign of changes. is i possible for him to keep his blue eyes or will they change.(my father and my husbands mom have browneyes..my mom and his dad have colored) and ihave his dad asking me why his eyes are blue and tellin me they should be brown ....kinda trying to say hes not my husbands. it really hurts to have him think that. so help!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it is possible for two parents with brown eyes to have a blue eyed child, especially if blue eyes run in both sides of the family. Its a one in four chance, but his eyes still may change colors, they don't always change by 6 months. My son has eyes that change color, sometime are grey, blue, brown, green, hazel and he is 1.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 2:39 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• hs eye color can change still, babies eyes can change any where from birth to about 2 years old, my sons eyes changes color 3 times before staying a certain color
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• if you were both latina yes that would be unique? what nationality?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• maybe you have some English in you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I agree with the others. My eyes were blue until i was 2 then got green eyes. where I got them from i have no idea...only blue and brown run in my family. So it is possible
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 2:47 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• my lil girl is 4moths old n her eyes turn all colors, blue grey green brown light brown ,... i have brown eyes n my hubby has green,... my mom has blue n my dads r brown,.. an my mil has blue n fil has green,..... u never know,.. my cousin has green n both his parents have brown
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• tell your FIL to go back to high school and take science!! Your child can have ANY color of eye's as long as it runs BACK in the family...it doesnt matter how long ago it was but it could pop back up at any moment.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:16 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• my sister in law was born with brown eyes and both her parents have blue..yes it is very possible..as long as there is blue in the family somewhere..thats what i learned in my genetics biology class.
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 3:38 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Blue eyes is a recessive gene, you and your hubby could both have it, which would be why your son has blue eyes.
    summerm

Answer by summerm at 4:15 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Here you go hon show him this.
    http://www.burpingbaby.net/baby_eye_color.htm

"The eventual color of your baby’s eyes therefore may change as his or her body begins to produce melanin - and this can take anything up to three years (although for most babies this change will occur from around 6 months of age to one year). Thus, babies who have blue eyes in the early months of their lives may end up having brown eyes as they get older (in fact, eye color in some people can change even in adulthood)."

HTH!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:20 AM on Sep. 18, 2009