I have had two c-sections...do I really need another?

mfavelo

Asked by mfavelo at 2:39 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• most likely u will, if u already had 2 the the doc probably wont let u have a vaginal
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• most drs won't do a vbac after two csections due too the higher risk of the scar tissues opening and causing bleeding.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 2:48 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• it depends on why you had the c-sections in the first place and the type of incision that your previous docs used. If the docs did it right, then I don't think you will have to get another one. There is a ton of info on it in the Natural Pregnancy and Childbirth Group.
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 2:58 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I had an emergency c the first, then 2 yrs later had a repeat c, then 15 mo later had a third c as another repeat. I was not a good candidate for a vbac because my first c was due to fetal distress. I read that you could try it but I was affraid of something going wrong and having to do another emergency c, that was way to scary! You will be fine if you have to have another c, its kind of sad, but you get used to it, probably because you know what to expect.
    cynthiaesquivel

Answer by cynthiaesquivel at 3:22 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I think it depends on how the first two were performed and why you had them. There is a lot of info on this subject on the net I would read up on it and than talk to your OB
    stpalmsgirl

Answer by stpalmsgirl at 3:50 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I also wanted to add that you might want to get more than one opinion on it since a lot of Hospitalsl don't want to be VBAC, not because it is not possible but because it is an inconveniece to them.
    stpalmsgirl

• A lot of women have VBA2C's. It is absolutely possible, and most likely even safer then continuing with c-sections. Your risk of rupture is still less then one percent. Please check out the group, No Nonsence VBAC. You have a lot of homework to do! :)

squish

Answer by squish at 4:10 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• http://www.ican.org is a great resource.

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:52 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Odds are yes you will
    But talk your options out withyour dr
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:27 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Check out vbacfacts.com. Once a section, always a section is NOT the truth. Do your homework, stand up for yourself and get a consult from a midewife!!! If you birth at home your risk of having a section dramatically decreases since you will not be intimidated into one at a hospital. The vast majority of sections are unnescessary!!!
    antivaccinemom

Answer by antivaccinemom at 7:52 AM on Sep. 18, 2009