adjusted age

i know if you have a preemie you go by the adjusted age for developmental things, but im wondering if your baby is late then do you do the same thing? mine was 2 weeks late, so do i go by that for her? she sure is doing ALOT earlier than whats average

MaciesMommy09

Asked by MaciesMommy09 at 3:34 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That isnt true that she will do it alot earlier,.
    My son was late about a week and he still did things normal .
    He crawled by 6 months walked by 7 ran by 10
    Said his first word at 5-6 months
    Honestly not to sure I just know it was before his dad left for basic. He was ^ months when that happened.
    Babies wil always do things different.
    A preemie could do things faster then your baby even
    It is just realy all up to the child and how well you chose to teach them .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:12 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• 6 Months **
    Oh and its not because your little one was late to why she is doing things more advanced she just maybe a smart little one.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:14 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Mrs. Owen, walking at 7 months is not really considered 'normal'. My daughter walked at 8 1/2 months and the doctors thought I was lying until they saw it for themselves. The earliest that is considered normal is 9 months. Just saying :)
    But no, you compare your child to kids the same age and just know that she's early with her motor skills. I actually wish my daughter was older when she learned to walk. I get a little jealous at the moms who have a little extra time; of course it's probably because she's my only and she's 7 now and I miss her being a baby sometimes! lol
    kameka

Answer by kameka at 8:22 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• OH LOL
    well he was 7 months old I know because the 4th of july the was walking circles around his stroller and then would walk towards me LOL
    Then he was running at 10 months I remember because we took him to the churchs halloween party type thing and he was going crazy when he relized he got a treat when he walked up to people and said trick LOL
    he couldnt say trick ot treat yet .
    I thought it was normal .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:30 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Every child is different...yes there are basic things to judge/compare a child too but every child is different. I have one son that was born 9 days late and one that was born 3 weeks early. they did the same basic things at the same time as most other children. I have a newphew that was born right around his due date and he's an EXCEPTIONAL child. Every child is different.
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 9:03 AM on Sep. 18, 2009