I don't really want "birthday twins"...

I'm currently 40w,1d pregnant with my 4th baby. My 3rd child was born in '07 on Sept 21st. I'm already disappointed that she'll most likely be sharing a birthday week with her new sibling, but I sure hope they at least get their own DAY! Lol.

This isn't really a question at all. Just a vent. :)

Praying for labor....

fluud7

Asked by fluud7 at 3:40 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I shared a birthday with my grandfather and it is an extremey fond memory. Because it was all I knew and everyone around me didnt' see it as negative, I thought it was really special because it didn't happen to just anyone.

Having a shared birthday can be a wonderful thing, it all depends on perspective.

You don't need your "own day" to have a wonderful individal birthday either.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:38 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Well, I never shared a DAY, but I shared a week with my mom and I always felt like she got the raw end of the deal. Maybe it would be different w/ siblings....

Thanks for your perspective. :)
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 7:32 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• They get their own day regardless. Even if it's the same one. Just takes a little planning on your part. My dd is the 23rd, my first boy is the 25th, my second boy is two weeks later on Oct. 11th. All my kids get their own party and they get to choose the menu for supper. I suspect your disappointed they will be sharing the b-day week because with impending labor you will be tied up at the hospital on her birthday. Once it's over with it may not matter as much.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:56 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• atleast it could be their own day to share it with one another lol i am due baby number 4 in feb next yr and my daughters birthday is a week before i am due and my sons is a week after im due and they both want to share their birthday with the baby lol xx
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 9:07 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I hear ya... my baby is due feb 14th, my son (7) was born feb 16th, I also have a brother with a b-day the 11th of feb, and a nephew with a b-day on the 13th of feb.
    I have 2 friends with b-days jan 9th, my mom is jan 10th, my other brother is jan 24th, my dad is jan 30th...
    those first two months of the year are a clusterfuck of birthdays, there are a couple other ones tucked in there too somewhere in early feb that I can't remember lol

Then me i'm all alone in November haha
    janeenee

Answer by janeenee at 9:17 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I think that it's important to learn to let go of our ideals when there is something bigger, beyond us. Birth is huge, we can't change what Mother Nature/God has created to be perfect in it's own way. When a baby needs to come is the Big Picture priority. IF it happens to be the same day then I am sure you can keep a positive outlook on it.
    ;-)

(*I know a mom with 2 kids born on the same date, 2 years apart. They make a fun time of it!)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:31 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• my mom's bday is the 7th, mine the 8th, my grandma's the 9th, and my sister's the 18th of the same month so we always shared birthday parties and it has always been fun! i agree with you that it might ahve been less fun for mom and grandma because of course when we were kids it was all about us and not them. but for me and my sister, it never was a problem. your kids would have fun telling everyone, "we have the same bday/week!" oh and we never have to worry about forgetting each other's bdays! lol

but your baby could still be born next month so you can always hope for that. although i'm betting you would like to not be pregnant into october. ;)

good luck and labor dust!!!!!!!!!!! don't worry, it will be SOON! within the next 2 weeks anyway. :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:40 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I hear ya! My daughter will be 5 on october 30th... and my doctor scheduled my c-section (2nd daughter) for the 29th. I'm a little nervous because I will be in the hospital on my daughers birthday and also miss out on trick or treating this year.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 12:19 PM on Sep. 18, 2009