what did u do to induce labor and did it work???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Unless you are teetering on the brink of going into labor on your own none of them "work" and some are dangerous. Walking, sex, spicy food, and pinapple are harmless and could be fun distractions, but don't expect anything. Stay away from castor oil -- unless you like stomache cramps and diarrhea.

Inducing labor is not a good idea anyway. Not every women and baby gestates at the same time. Some babies need longer than others. And if your body isn't ready, it can create a host of problems. Labor WILL start on its own. Human gestation is normally between 38 and 42 weeks. 40 is just an average--the middle. That means some women go before 40 and some after. First timers commonly (not always) go to at least 41.

What's the rush? I'm 40 weeks and 2 days. What's a little longer?
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:44 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I agree if you arent almost there naturally nothing will work but you can try the sex and walking and stuff.
    The pinnapple is supposed to help IF you are already ready but I ate fresh pinnapple my whole pregnancy LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:40 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Besides a lot of walking, Sex and a glass of wine I did nothing. The baby will come out when it's ready to come out trying to force it out sooner can be dangerous. I know a lot of women will say castor oil but this can be dangerous for baby because you will get horrible diharea from it and there is a pretty good chance that your baby in utero will too, which would be bad since she could get it in her lungs, that happened to one of my friends.
    I know you want your baby to be born already, but really what are a few more days?
    stpalmsgirl

Answer by stpalmsgirl at 6:33 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I did everything you could imagine, jumping, cart wheels, sex ( lots of sex ), walking, raspberry tea, fresh pineapple... everything under the sun, and the baby came 5 days after her due date.. lol... I just think you should be patient.. feel free to give those atry, those are almost all of the techniques Ive heard during my pregnancy! I know your ready, but maybe the baby isnt!

Congrats!
    MeganHoehn

Answer by MeganHoehn at 7:47 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I had a friend that swears she went into labor because she drank a half ofa cup of balsamic vinegar. Her labor began thirty minutes after she finished. I personally believe it was a coincidence, but not her. I've also had another friend swear by the consumption of eggplant. Really, the only thing medically shown to potentially help is sex (a man's semen can actually soften the cervix) and lots of walking.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 8:45 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• i agree with windy, any time someone says these natural things worked, it's just coincidence. hang in there! i know i was really anxious to meet my little one and tired of being so uncomfy, but it's well worth the wait! good luck! :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:32 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• well i have already been having tons of contractions and was in l&d for them but they werent close enough for me to stay in the hosptial.. thanks ladys for ur advice
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Sep. 18, 2009