does raspberry tea really work???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• For????
    I drank it alot in my pregnancy and it didnt do anything but make my stomach not as upset
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:39 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Not sure. I believe she means for inducing labor. It's on the "no-no list" while pregnant since it is known to induce contractions.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 7:36 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Oh !! LOL
    Well I was never told that and I drank it alot when pregnant LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:38 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• didnt do anything for me...
    MeganHoehn

Answer by MeganHoehn at 7:47 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• to induce labor no and you shouldnt do that anyway as due dates are an estimate and your baby isn't ready yet. Red raspberry leaf tea strengthens and tones your uterus, helps with pp bleeding and helps with milk production. Good for a whole host of things really
    rowansmum

Answer by rowansmum at 7:56 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I wouldn't try anything to induce labor. Let your body do what it is supposed to do and don't force things. It isn't always good to have so much control....it is not your choice when the baby comes,you know. If you are way past your due date and your Doctor thinks it is time to start labor, fine,but don't try it yourself.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 8:28 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Raspberry tea or red raspberry leaf tea?
    RRL tea is good to help the uterus in the last trimester.
    It is NOT an inducer, neither is raspberry tea.

;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:19 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I drink one cup of red raspberry leaf a day first trimester, two cups a day second trimester and three cups a day third trimester. This is the first time I have tried it but have only heard good things,
    devo3

Answer by devo3 at 9:25 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• its a natural way to ripen the cervix for labour and delivery.

and needs to be RED raspberry LEAF tea to be effective. I drank it, but didn't feel anything different.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:27 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• RRLT will not induce labor, it can help calm an upset stomach, it will help prepare the uterus for delivery, and it can speed up labor once it is in progress (usually a strong batch of RRLT is required). Good luck =-)
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 10:19 AM on Sep. 18, 2009