wedding ring question!

did you buy his and he bought yours??
I thought thats how it was supposed to be but his family and him say he buys both, i dont think thats right.
please help!!!
im getting married in 4 months!
also where did you get your ring? im extremely picky and want a huge wedding set

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• You both go shopping together and look at different sets and then yes he buys them or his parents buy them and he picks them out also your parents pay for the wedding that's tradition. Things are different know a days. You do have a say in that part of it not the engagement ring.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:02 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Why do you want a huge one?
    The husband is supposed to pick out your ring .
    IMO its selfish to ask ffor a huge one.

Anyways in our families the man buys both he picks out the brides and its supposed tobe a surprise what it looks like .
    THen he gets one for him that matchs

We got ours at bluenile.com
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:03 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I bought my husbands! I didn't realize the guy normally buys both. I liked getting it for him. It made it special when I put it on him on our wedding day. I also engraved it on the inside.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:43 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My husband and I shopped for our rings together.  We bought them in Birmingham, England.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:46 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• when we first got married i paid for both, cause his butt was broke. i'm not sure what the etiquette would say but some historical things with weddings have gone by the wayside. most brides i know bought the grooms ring. do what works for you and get you a huge diamond girl. HUGE. it didnt matter where we bought our original rings from, i've sold them so many times and bought new bigger ones about every 5-7 years, and now have 3 different sets. gotta love the diamonds.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:25 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I picked out my ring at Gordons Jewelers (affiliated with Zales), my friend was in there doing something, I walked by the rings and mine dropped kicked me in the heart. The sales lady gave me a business card with all of the information, I passed it along to my "fiancee", he called in and bought it the next day using the stock number.
    He paid for his wedding band, we got it at a pawn shop. I have tried to buy a new wedding band for him but he refuses, he says he won't wear it, he will only wear the one I put on his finger.
    If you all have the money for it go big. If not just wait and trade up is my opinion.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 8:47 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• When my hubs and I were engaged we went looking at one of the Jewelers. I found a nice ring set I wanted, and he found a gold band for himself. He paid for both of our rings.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:18 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I didn't even get a ring when we got married. A couple of weeks after we got married we bought some cheapy rings for both of us to wear.

My husband bought me a nice ring and I got the ring AND a a real proposal after being married for 3 years.

My husband keeps losing his rings, so we don't spend much when we buy him one, maybe $40 at the most.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:50 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I gave my hubby a ring that had been passed down in my family, and we got a matching band for me. I think I paid for it at the time, so apparantly we weren't following tradition. Just tell him that you want this to be a gift to him, and to let you pay for his ring. Is it really that big of a deal anyway? Many men don't even wear rings...
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 10:19 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My hubby picked out my engagement ring....I really am not that picky at all. It was beautiful though, and I loved it. I paid for his wedding band and he paid for mine, but we picked them out together. just plain white gold bands. He lost his....twice. So he's since NOT gotten anything over $40 since then. Haha. Oh well. Like they say it's the man your married to not the ring that counts. I don't think I'd ever want to trade mine, I really do love it, but....I guess we'll see if my taste changes in the next few years. :-)
    Morganne1231

Answer by Morganne1231 at 10:28 AM on Sep. 18, 2009