is it bad

to eat or drink anything made with splenda while prego?

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was told that I shouldn't use any artificial sweetners, because they don't know if they could cause issues or not. According to my sister's doctor, even chewing sugar free gum is a no no. Lots of people use splenda (I don't get how people think it tastes strange) and it's not going to cause any immediate problems with you or baby, but like I said, the research is not out there to really support using it or not during pregnancy.

Answer by kitten_shuga at 9:02 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Not that I know of.
    LOL But give it time soon pregnant women will be eating preapproved packaged food LOL

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:52 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Its fine i have gestional diabetes an i use splenda all the time it actually taste good!

Answer by Anonymous at 7:15 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I'm sure it's fine, but eww.

Answer by fluud7 at 7:36 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• artificial sweeteners in general are not good for any of us. but if you use just a little bit, don't worry about it. :) moderation is key.

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Splenda was originally developed in government labs who were trying to come up with the next chemical warfare agent, personally, not the best choice, either for you or your unborn baby...try stevia, it's completely natutal and safe to take during pregnancy......

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Sep. 18, 2009