Are there studies that say that Formulafeeding is better then Breastfeeding?

I had to post the question again. Think I asked this on a wrong category.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Formula isn't better, they don't even know everything that is in it. They just were able to make DHA, and that is natrually in breast milk. Also breastmilk changes with the needs of your child. If you child is sick then the body gives her what she needs as far as more antibodies possibly the excat ones to fight the illness, also the right amount of fat and fluids. Premei breastmilk is different the full term and differnt from older babies. It is spcialized to your child, formula can't do that.
    Formula is not a bad thing, I know many mothers who that was the best optioned for them. And each mother needs to do what is best for them and their child.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:19 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I answered you , didnt think it was in the wrong section
    But there are on both sides studies
    breast milk is better because it is natural and not prcessed
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:14 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• No. Nutritionally, breastfeeding will always be better for your child - just like how raw, organic foods will always be better than processed, packaged foods.

But regardless of which way you choose to feed your child, you're still a good mom. And don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 7:34 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• if you look hard enough im sure you will find something :p
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 7:42 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Make your own decisions after you have read books or online sources and talked to your Doctor,not us. We are just Moms like you. We are not experts...
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 8:25 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• That formula feeding is "better" than breastfeeding? No, none that I'm aware of. You will find several lists of pros and cons of each, though, if you do a google search.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 8:36 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I'm sure somewhere someone has ran studies and claimed it's healthier. But even formula companies will say breastmilk is best but formula is the next second best thing. There are some crazy religions out there that claim weird homemade versions are the best things to feed your child. I ff three kids and yes even I will admit breastmilk is the best but honestly it is not for everyone for many reasons some which are personal.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:47 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• It's not "better" and never will be. There are things in breast milk we can't make an artificial substitute for. While formulas can come close, they aren't 100% natural. But as long as your baby is thriving and fed I don't much care what it is you fed them. But formula will never be better than breast milk as far as nutritional value.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:48 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Unless they can duplicate all the antibodies, enzymes and other living elements and ALL of the components of breast milk in the correct proportions using the same natural ingredients, formula can't be better.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:58 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I think it depends on what you mean by "better."

Breast milk is the healthiest and safest, unless the mom takes drugs and shouldn't nurse or has a rare condition that causes her to not produce.
    Almost all babies will benefit better from their mother's breast milk
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:22 AM on Sep. 18, 2009