Are there any computer tech ladies here? Can you help me fix my computer?

good morning everyone I need computer help. Everytime I turn on my computer a box pops up that says winlogon.exe-application error, "the instruction at '0x00fe61b8' referenced momory at '0x00fe61b8'. The memory could not be written'. click ok to terminate the program click on cancel to debug the program." but when I click on either button it makes my computer go to a blue screen, someone tell me how to fix it.

violaswamp

Asked by violaswamp at 7:34 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• IT here. Referenced Memory Errors is a common Windows problem. Referenced Memory Errors is usually caused by a missing system files, wrong system settings or a corrupted registry file. Use CTRL+ALT+DEL to get the task manager, if there is anything listed with [Not Responding] end task it. Next, run a registry scan to check for registry errors & other system problems. 90% of the time this will fix the cause of the error.

Another is to is restart the computer hit the F8 key then in safe mode so you set up run scandisk to repair the error. while in safe mode you should be able to right click the C drive for properties and tools is were the scan disk is located. Let me know.
    JourneyToPeace

Answer by JourneyToPeace at 11:16 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Have you run an internet scan? That is the first thing my husband does with things like that A great program is spybot search and destroy my husband got it for free on http://download.cnet.com/windows/

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:37 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• o you get any odd spam pop ups that seem to be the exact same thing
    doyou get them even with pop up blocker?
    if so you also may have something hidden in the files on your computer just from searcing the web that happened to us and my husband had to uninstall it
    some how it installed itself LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:40 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• There's a really good group on here, Computer Moms-Computer Heaven. The admin. helps people all the time with their computer problems! Check it out! :)
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 7:43 AM on Sep. 18, 2009