Am i in real labor? plz help me im scared!

I had sex last night...
but i took a shower and washed off good afterwards..
then went pee and there was dark brown mixed with clear..thought it was fine since i had just had sex and a cervical exam 24 hours before...
went to bed with a dull back ace and heeeaavvyy menstraul cramping...few painless contractions...
just woke up to a very strong contraction.. went pee and when i looked there was very tinny spotting of BRIGHT red blood...
havnt started to feel much yet i just woke up im starting to get another strong contraction.. but its painless... just strong....
im only 4 days away from full term someone tell me if this is all ok!
lost my mucus plug over weeknd and was 2 cm dilated at my exam...(if that means much prolly not tho..)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Of course its ok some spotting is ok as long as it is not heavy like a period
    You are getting close very close have your bags bythe door!
    Congrats honey !
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:54 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• thanks ms owen ill keep you guys updated on any symptoms.. never done this before and never had contractions that strong before so im just a little scared... thanks for the advice! haha have had the seat and bag in the car since the weekend! lol
    armymum1013

Answer by armymum1013 at 7:57 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Anytime Id love to know when the little one gets here!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:58 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Just start timing those contractions and when you are having them every 3-5 minutes apart for at least an hour it is time to call the hospital and get on your way!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:33 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• well the contractions are 5-6 minutes apart right now.. took a warm bath drank water and walked around and they're still comin regularly but they are short and painless is this ok? they are also starting from the bottom up and i can feel them where i was having my menstraul cramps before i went to bed.
    armymum1013

Answer by armymum1013 at 8:59 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• You sound like you're doing great.

Short and painless might work into bigger and much more intense.
    They don't HAVE to be painful.
    If you can "stay on top" of them-- not be afraid of their intensity, you can work better with your body. Reduce pain, welcome progress!
    Breath. Know that you ARE okay. You will do this and be fine.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:17 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• oh yeah you sound ok to me! you could have stuff like this go on on and off like that for a few weeks, i say that because you sound like you are nervous that you will have your baby before term. i don't think you will have to worry about that. good luck! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Sep. 18, 2009