K-Mart Layaway! Any one else taking advantage?

I am so excited my kids actually get to have Christmas gifts this year! Dh lost his job and found a new one at half the pay so we have very little extra money! K-Mart is fabulous for helping out! I bet they will have better sales this coming holiday season that others because of the 6 week layaway program.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• Absolutely. We're a one income family too. Couldn't do Christmas without it!
    tikigoddess

Answer by tikigoddess at 9:00 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• i try to do it but then i realise i spend more at kmart then any other stores..xample i went to put camping stuff on layaway and found a lantrn my dh wanted me to get..kamat price 26.99 walmart 12.88. for the same lamp. so as convenent as it can be i end up spending 30 or more dollars. so im always back and forth..but i hope they do have great deals to get costumers in and saveing everyone god knows theres no more layaways ( only k mart ) which really stinks..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:15 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I did last year. My Step Daughter really wanted a portable DVD player. I found one that was on sale for $79 but had no money to pay up front so I put it on lay away and got it 2 week's before Christmas. I'm sure I'll use the layaway again :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I love the fact that Kmart has a layaway. Wish more places still did that. Last year money was tight and I did put things on layaway for my kids for Christmas. It was nice to get what they wanted and pay it off a bit at a time. I might do that again this year too! I have also done that with the kids clothes too.
    I only wish there were more Kmarts around, the one in my city closed down years ago, so now I have to travel to the one near my mom's 1/2 hr away.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:38 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• We used it last year. Sears has brought back layaway as well.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Sears really!!! I have to go check that out!!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:54 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• 6 weeks isn't going to help us out much. DH only gets paid once per month.

But otherwise I would absolutely take advantage of it.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 8:58 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• OMG they do!! and you can make your payments online!!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:58 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• No, only because I hate KMart and refuse to shop there.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:14 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• lol sammie...what about Sears? I'm mad I already have my layaway set up at K-Mat because I have to go in the store plus sears is 8 wks. vs. 6...dang it!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:24 AM on Sep. 18, 2009