Why so defensive? Your name isn't on the question

It happens in other sections too, but it's here a lot. Any time there's a question about obesity, diet, budget or anything that comes around to cooking from scratch, shopping smart, gardening, feeding kids healthy choices, all those sorts of things, there are always people who insist on answering with excuses. They can't lose weight because of medical issues, they can't feed their kids healthy because they're broke, they can't cook cheap food from scratch because they don't have time, they can't garden because they live in the city. Why bother? What is accomplished by posting excuses that everyone can see right through, especially people who know better because they do the things you say you can't?
If there's a question about better ways to do something, why not leave it to those who are interested in learning or sharing knowledge? You aren't listed by name. Nobody knows you're lazy. Why not keep it your secret?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• OP, I get where you're coming from. Of course there are legitimate reasons why certain people cannot do certain things, but when that question was asked, it was asked about the American people AS A WHOLE, not why you, Betty Sue Roop, are so damned fat.
    That's the problem with women--they freaking nitpick everything to death. You can't ask a simple question without half of them getting their britches in a bunch, shouting about "ME, MY kids, MY family" whatever, as if they themselves were singled out. That's one of the reasons I have almost zero female friends--I cant stand the henpecking and overdramatics about everything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• popcorn

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I was going to give a great answer here, but my dog ate my notes. LOL.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:57 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Sorry ,but cooking from scratch is not always healthy...You still need to make good choices of good vegetables,meat & fruits.
    Plus you need to do some kind of fitness for more then 30 min. a day.
    There is just nothing healthy eating potatoes & pork chops every day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

Maybe this is the answer. People have nothing relevant to say but still insist on answering because they're really really really bored.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• One easy choice add tomatoes,broccoli in your everyday diet and you already did something good for yourself!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I think some posters post about their personal feelings on subjects.

But then there are those that just seem to think everything is about them.

Or maybe they are paranoid thinking you are watching their every move and feel the need to over defend themselves?

I really don't know.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:04 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• ew someone got there panties in a bunch.....its also not our business is someone doesnt like a post or thinks someone is referring to them???we all have problems.isnt that why were here really?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• thinks someone is referring to them

Some of those questions get up to 100+ answers and a dozen different people will all answer with the same excuses. They can't all think it's secretly about them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• if you ask what is with fat people just for example what else do you expect to get
    I think someone has aguilty mind
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Sep. 18, 2009