If you could choose your child's profession, what would you choose?

And whatever you pick out, they will be happy with. You don't have to consider money or anything.

renea20

Asked by renea20 at 8:49 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'd say all 3 of them will do something in construction, like project management, engineering or architecture DH and I are both in project management as well as structural engineering and architecture. DH has his workshop in a garage behind our house and the kids can name every single tool in there and what it does, they know the difference between a chop saw, miter saw, table saw, tig welder vs mig welder, backhoe, trackhoe, front loader, skidsteerer, crane, bucket loader, scissor lift, man lift, trim gun vs framing gun vs roofing gun. I get the biggest kick out of them naming tools with DH, they play game of "what's that called"? "What does it do?"

So, I'd have to pick them in construction and I'm sure that's what they will decide in the future.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 10:46 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• A professional dancer(like ballet). It's something i love and regret quitting when i did.
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 8:52 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• something in the medical field..it will never be boring something new everyday and if any family member have a med qustion we could call her lol...
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:59 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I wouldn't want to pick her profession for her. I don't want to be the type of parent to make every decision for my child's life w/o her getting a say so.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:08 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• DD#1 ~ Anything to do with computers: Fixing, repairing, rebuilding, creating, etc.
    DD#2 ~ Writer, editor, teacher - her desire is to be a chef, but she excels in the other areas, too.
    DD#3 ~ Lawyer
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:12 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I would love it if my son becomes a mechanic. He's only 4, but has been interested in cars since he discovered them. Then, I'd know a mechanic I can trust. :)
    My daughter, idk. She's interested in so many things...She may be a good chef, and then she can prepare tasty meals for all of us.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:14 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I'm pretty sure that I know what my girls will be.

#1 artist or teacher
    #2 will be in the circus (she's in circus training school and tumbling), or she'll be a forest ranger or something like that she thrives in nature
    #3 I'm not sure yet....she's 3 and has a heck of an imagination.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:25 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• A Pastor.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:58 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• if i had to pick the profession...only if i had to....

first choice is a finance analyst like daddy. my son loves math, so that would help. my hubby's work is more specialized, and big companies need someone to manage their finances, so it pays well.

however, with money not a factor...artist. my son loves art too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• A Vet because they both love animals, an athletic trainer for a sports team because they both love racing and football or a children's doctor.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:22 AM on Sep. 18, 2009