What is the one thing you bought for your baby that you could not live without?

I want to start my son with learning how to play with thing and explore new things but i dont know where to begin what toys does your 3 month old like? Like he used to like his swing now he dont want to get in it or his bouncy seat and he doesnt like laying on the floor with the mat thing, i want him to explore and learn but all he seems to want is to just lay quitely he just lays there and looks around he seems bored but when i try to show him a mirror or a rattle he freaks out like it scares him, maybe he is just a quiet baby.

ggiovanni

Asked by ggiovanni at 9:02 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Read books to him as he lays there quietly, my DD LOVES to read.
    My DD has & still loves her Little People stuff by Fisher Price. She used to teeth on them (no small pieces so they are safe) & now at 21 mo she imaginativly plays with them in their little town & house she love them.
    Hand or finger puppets to tickle him with, DD loves this, or I used her stuffed animals too.
    Music put in a CD classical, childrens music anything while hes just quietly being there.
    All these things will stimulate his mind. Honestly everything will at this age so as long as your diong something with him hes learning.

Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:10 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Actually it wasn't something that we bought. It is a mirror attached to a door in our house. Most babies aren't ready for that until around 6 mos. My dd used to stay in front of the mirror for hours. She is almost 15 mos and still plays peek a boo with herself there. Outside of this we have an activity table that we got when she was 6 mos and she loves that too. They don't' really start to play until about then.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:05 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• my dd loved her jumperoo
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 9:21 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Saucer ... i wouldnt get ANYTHING done if we didnt have one.
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 9:28 AM on Sep. 18, 2009