Does anyone else not do Santa?

I personnaly do not do Santa. As a matter of fact I only have one decoration that dh has had since teen years that is Santa. SO is there anyone else?

Ibelongtojesus

Asked by Ibelongtojesus at 9:06 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My friend told her kids that Jesus is the clown that comes to Jesus' Birthday party, LOL.

We don't do Santa here, which is good because we don't have a fireplace, LOL. It caused some drama with my MIL who bought me a life size santa nativity for our front yard (Mrs. Claus was "Mary" and Rudolph was in a manger). It was actually quite terrible. We couldn't put it up, but it was a great opportunity to tell her that we are not telling our kids about Santa. She still tries to get them to believe in Santa, signing his name to gifts and telling them to leave cookies out. : ( Anyways,

I mean we teach her about the real St. Nick and generosity, but I have a problem making her believe something that is not true. And we chose to focus on Jesus.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:11 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• We aren't sure whether we will do Santa or not. We didn't last year but it was the first Christmas. We don't do Halloween and we don't' do the Easter Bunny.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:09 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Thought you may be interested in this... http://www.llerrah.com/truemeaningofchristmas.htm

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:18 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Honestly for any Christian to celebrate Christmas when we do is wrong. First Jesus was not born in December. In 350 AD the Pope Julius I told chruches to start celebrating his birth then to cover up or in some cases even to allow the people to continue to celebrate pagan holiday's that happen at this time of year. Yule, Saturnalia, and the feast of the Son of Isis are a few of the pagan holiday's celebrated at this time. Also, the evergreen is another pagan symbol that Christians have hijacked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• We never discussed Santa nor claimed that gifts came from him. We also didn't contradict directly when other children's parents spoke of it and so forth. We tried to keep the celebration of this very important birthday on track. We also felt it didn't matter if Jesus were born on December 25 or not, it was the celebration, the remembrance, that counted.

Answer by Bmat at 9:33 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Agreed Bmat. We don't care if tha tis when his birthday is or not either. It is rememebering that he came down here to save us all that matters.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 10:04 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Santa always played a huge roll in my childhood and for my own children at Christmas time.  And even now that my kids are older he still figures prominently in my home.   It will be fun when the grandchildren start and the magic will begin all over again.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:06 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• FIR TREE and placed it before the mantle. "Teach the children that the pure green color of the stately fir tree remains green all year round, depicting the everlasting hope of mankind, all the needles point heavenward, making it a symbol of man's thoughts turning toward heaven."

He again reached into his bag and pulled out a brilliant STAR. "Teach the children that the star was the heavenly sign of promises long ago. God promised a Savior for the world, and the star was the sign of fulfillment of His promise."

Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 10:08 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• He then reached into his bag and pulled out a CANDLE. "Teach the children that the candle symbolizes that Christ is the light of the world, and when we see this great light we are reminded of He who displaces the darkness."

Once again he reached into his bag and removed a WREATH and placed it on the tree. "Teach the children that the wreath symbolizes the real nature of love. Real love never ceases.
    Ibelongtojesus

• Who the hell came up with that "Jesus wasn't born on Dec 25" some of you are whacked! I'm catholic and my children know of Santa and of Baby Jesus's birth. I don't tell them the truth of Santa. That's the joys of being a kid. Knowing some fat guy dressed in red brings them presents on December 25th. We do Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and Halloween. My son is starting to question Santa because some kids in his school know the truth of Santa because of their parents. I tell him to believe whatever he believes. That it's ok! Wrapping presents for me if a secret thing and we hide them at other people's houses to hold so they won't know. I have a friend who does IT RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER KIDS...
    It's just the way I was raised and now learning what other religions think and what people who are unsure of who made this rule try to make other believe that Jesus was a crock of crap. Well I believe and Da Vinci Code SUCKS!
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 10:44 AM on Sep. 18, 2009