How to help him poop? Is a Dr. needed?

Our son just turned one, we have switched from forlmula to milk. It's been about 3 days and he hasn't pooped. Should I leave him be or start worrying?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Health

• Any fruit juice that starts with P's (prunes,peaches,pears and such) are what my doctor tells me. I can't give my two oldest apple because it constipates him but gave it to baby and he was cleaned out in two days..lol
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 10:36 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Had problem like taht with my son so I have a thermometer just for rectal temp. They say that when you take temp through anus it helps to loosen up and want them to push it out. Also Jucie. Prune jucie (really any jucie but prune jucie the best. If that don't work call doctor. they might tell you something over the counter that you could get. Good luck griffinbb4
    griffinbb4

Answer by griffinbb4 at 9:25 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Dairy can be very constipating. Honestly, the only beverage he needs is water. Like many other nutrients, and despite the claims of the dairy industry, plant based calcium is superior to animal based. Here is some of what the doctors at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine say: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html

Answer by rkoloms at 10:08 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Give lots of oranges, or give him some raisin bran cereal or give him lots of water.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Sep. 18, 2009