Am I the only one that has noticed Dora doesn't have good manners?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yeah, the chanting louder and louder till you get what you want is not a behavior I want to incite in my child. She hasn't once said please, thank you, or your welcome in any of the episodes I have seen.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 9:55 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Noticed that too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Example please.
    camdensmom06

Answer by camdensmom06 at 9:46 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• And, seriously, you're posting anonymously about this? Why?
    camdensmom06

Answer by camdensmom06 at 9:47 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My little girl use to love dora my mom hates how she goes "say it louder" or whatever she says and keeps telling you to say it louder
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Yeah, the "Say it louder" is pretty obnoxious. Have you ever seen Diego? He actually tells the kids, "Now scream!"
    camdensmom06

Answer by camdensmom06 at 9:50 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• i hate all those dumb toddler shows, except oswald i have a crush on him. too many pinky dinky doo's fried my brain ;]
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:01 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I don't see nothing wrong with her..Can you explain what you are talking about?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• "Do it! Say it! SAY IT!" "Scream!" "Say it LOUDER!" those a prime examples. Dora is like nails on a chalk board to me. And she makes the kids say shit in SPANISH when a majority of the kids that watch the show barely understand ENGLISH.

I used to let my DD watch it until all of a sudden all my teaching of saying "Please" "thank you" and "you're welcome" stopped coming out of her mouth. Her dad and I both say those three things constantly to each other and to her, so I know it wasn't because of me. there was no daycare. I asked her why she wasn't saying please or thank you... her answer... I kid you not. "Dora doesn't say it." The next morning, the TV was on Disney, it hasn't turned back to Nick since.
    Jordanplustwo

Answer by Jordanplustwo at 10:36 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Say it louder, everybody SCREAM...HATE DIEGO!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:30 AM on Sep. 18, 2009