Any Moms out there getting their kids the flu shot, but NOT the H1N1 Vaccination?

Any Moms out there getting their kids the flu shot, but NOT the H1N1 Vaccination? Please tell why or why not. I'm still undecided about the H1N1. Thanks to all!

joannakitler

Asked by joannakitler at 9:57 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Health

• We are getting neither. If you choose to get the H1N1 vax for your child, I recommend having your doctor order the single dose preservative free vaccine; it is my understanding that the H1N1 vaccine will contain thimerisol/mercury.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:05 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• We are vax free family that includes the flu shot. My family is rarely sick. We have taught our children to use proper hygiene and because they are unvaxed their immune system has been allowed to develop the way God intended.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Hey Jo!! I decided (after talking to Emily) that I will get Aub the regular flu shot (as am I) but NOt the H1N1.... There hasn't been enough tests done for me to be convinced it is safe, or that it will work! With all the vaccination hoopla, I'll stick to what's been researched and tested time and again! I did LOTS of research and asked my pedi and a family friend who is a pedi their thoughts for their own kids, and they both said yes to the regular shot, and no to the h1n1! I hope that helps!See you at coffee tomorrow??
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 18, 2009