How long after the birth of your child (if you delivered vaginally) did you experience pain during intercourse?

My daughter is now 7.5 months old and I'm still having pain. I feel like that's not normal... so I'm going to the doc on Monday. But I am wondering if anyone else has had this experience?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• NOPE I WAS HAVING SEX 2 WEEKS AFTER MY SON WAS BORN AND HE IS 4MNTHS NOW. MAYBE U SHOULD USE LUBE AND IF U STILL HURT ASK DOC
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 10:06 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I found I was tighter and we had to work together to adjust to the new me, and so we taked things slow, lots of oral at first, and not any hard sex for a while.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• it took a few weeks for me. but i was totally uninterested in sex anyway. lost my sex drive for months. :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Sex was painful for me for about a year after my first child was born. I tore and got a lot of stitches that time. I didn't tear with my other delivery and didn't have any pain with sex after that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I also had pain for over a year, but it was because of the episiotomy, not any other issues I was having. I believe I had somewhere between 5 and 7 stitches. My doctor now says that it is not normal to experience pain for that long afterward...
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 11:05 PM on Sep. 18, 2009