How much should I charge to watch a 3 month old baby?

Monday thur Friday from 8-5pm and I also have a 2 year old and 1 year old. I do know the family...hubby works with mine. Thanks! She was thinking $80.00 a week?? Is that enough or what do you think? :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes, I do, I know you have your hands full, but it seems you really love and care for kids and $80 seems fair.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:11 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• 20.00 dollars a day will be good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• you know that is like a$16 a DAY! i think it should be a little more then that. But it really depends, are you going to be over their house, are they providing food for all of you and you kids if you are at their house. If they are coming to you house, i think it should be more like $200 a week. But if you are going over there, bringing your kids, and eating their food lol. Then i guess around $80 would be ok, but i still think it should be a little more, maybe a even $100.
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 10:15 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• sorry...I forgot to add this! The baby will be coming to my house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• i think you kinda need to charge more. I know a baby doesn't eat food or anything,but taking care of a baby is alot of work.
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 10:23 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• She told me the going rate is 125 a week at a daycare. I'm just trying to see what is a good rate?? Thanks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I pay $100 a week. My DD is 16 months. She is taken care of at my house. I think this is really cheap. Most daycares charge alot more.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 10:35 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• If daycare is $125 where you live, why the heck would you charge less!? The baby is going to be in a home with a mother who is providing a second home and family for this baby. I would not work for less than minimum wage. If someone cannot afford that, then they can put their child in a daycare where one person is trying to care for six other babies/toddlers. That's why daycare is cheaper. You get what you pay for, and the child "pays" for it too, imo. I am a mom to one toddler boy (almost three). I care for twin girls who were not receiving quality care in their daycare (too many kids, not enough attention, constantly sick). They spent their days in swings and playpens :( They paid $30/day for each baby. Now the parents are happy to pay $90 a day and I get to stay home with my son. Their twins have never been happier or healthier, and the mother's exact words to me are that our situation is "priceless."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• wow..90 a day and you get to stay at home?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I pay 160 a week for my infant at a home daycare. I would think with all the one on one you should get more than 80, but whatever price you do decide on make a contract with them. State in it days off holidays sick children no shows and food to be provided and food you will provide.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 11:20 AM on Sep. 18, 2009