Please help...High fever with teeth???

My dds eye teeth are coming through & shes running a 102.7 fever. Should I take her to the doctor? I have been giving her tylenol, but it hasent really brung her fever down at all. Is this normal? How much fever did your baby get? Was it ever as high as this?

texasmomma08

Asked by texasmomma08 at 10:14 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hylands Teething Tablets-they are homeopathic and can be found at walmart and kmart or online.

It contains belladonna which will also give the child some relief with the fever.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 10:15 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My son was getting about 101 but all baby's are different. I wound also make sure DD has plenty of water and don't put on heavy layers. Maybe a ride in the stroller to get some fresh air too.

You dont have to worry about fevers until closer to 105 or higher.

Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 10:18 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• A low-grade fever (100.4 or less) is common, though some would argue that no fever is because of teething. But a high fever like your daughter's is not common or ok. Give her some Tylenol, and at least call the doctor. And keep an eye on it whatever you do, and take her in for sure if it goes up or if it lasts more than a couple of days.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:18 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Alternate Tylenol and Motrin every 2 hours that will help the fever and put a cold washcloth on the baby's forehead.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:19 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• What is an eye teeth?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Eye teeth are the fang teeth as I call them.
    texasmomma08

Answer by texasmomma08 at 10:22 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• 103 degrees or higher warrants a definite visit to the doctor, not close to 105. And that's for kids and adults, lower for younger babies (less than 6 months; but since you're talking about eye teeth, I'm assuming yours is older than 6 months). Call the doctor and tell them what's going on and ask if they want to see her now or wait and see if it goes down with Tylenol and some rest. But definitely call the doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My ped. has always told me to call if a fever ever gets 101 or higher. You just never know if it's teething associated or an illness. However, my ped. believes that no fever (101 or more) is about teething, it's illness. This is why we have doctors, they have the exp. and knowledge. why would you want to ask a bunch of moms you don't know? you don't know if any of these moms have any medical training, or if they are even good moms who take their kids to the doctor when ill? Call your pediatrition please.
    Anonymous

• There is no way that fever is caused by teething, this is a total myth that people continue to believe. Your child probably is just sick, the fever and teething happening at the same time is mere coincidence.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• • I'd give motrin if she needs relief to sleep, but not for temperature. You could try sodium ascorbate. I usually put it in gatorade to get them to drink it, but you can take the SA yourself and it will go through your breast milk.
    You could also try giving her some "rescue remedy" (get at healthfood type stores) and Hyland's. I have a Hyland's kit with several remedies in it.

Pick up "How to Raise a Healthy in Spite of Your Dr", which has great information on fevers:http://http://www.attachmentparentingdoctor.com/fever.html

Dr. Sears: http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/t082100.asp

Dr. Sears:
    A fever is not an illness in itself -- it's the symptom of an underlying problem (usually an infection), just as a car's engine light acts as an alarm signal. And not every one is necessarily serious. A higher fever doesn't always indicate a sicker child. Minor viral illnesses may produce a high temperature (104°F to 105°F), w
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 10:42 AM on Sep. 18, 2009