Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I been seperated from my husband and am a sahm

and now my husband is callin me a piece of shiet because i dont work and hes takin care of me.He hasnt g iven me time to find a babysitter we have 2 kids,the other woman he has is putting these things in his head so if i go back to work he has more money to spend on her.My daughter loves her daddy,how do i start the divorce process?????I would appreciate any answers thank you

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • Get a job and start taking care of yourself first.Go down to the PA office first and sign up for that. They can help with daycare expenses. And help you get child support. Start the divorce before he does. Truly it does not matter how he spend his money as long as he is paying his child support.


    Answer by louise2 at 10:34 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

  • Wow! I'm sorry your going through that. I'm sure it's not fun. My sister is going through the same thing, you need some legal help, there are probably attorneys in your area that will have a free consultation with you and let you know what your options are. Then get out there, I'm sure it's depressing, but don't let it get to you, find a babysitter and a job. Might take a while. Don't lose heart! It'll be fine. :-)

    Answer by Morganne1231 at 10:35 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

  • Firt off, pick yourself up by the bootstraps and don't take on the role of the victim. Contact a "legal aid" organization that helps low income individuals with legal issues, or use a paralegal for the divorce.

    Secondly, don't blame the other woman for the stupidity and selfishness of your soon to be ex. No one made him do anything, he is the one making the choices here.

    Third, do your part to be the best mom and provider you can be. Take full advantage of what your state or county has to offer to help you get on your feet. Go to school, use the state funded child care, get a part time whatever it takes to move forward and come out on top in a positive way.

    Lastly, don't be vindictive, if you daughter loves him, don't keep her away, if he is a good dad, don't try to interfere with that relationship because you are hurt or angry.

    Good luck to you!

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

  • Wow, anon :36 gave you PERFECT advice.

    Answer by gdiamante at 11:20 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

  • FIrst off you can get a divorce pretty easily. If you just go down to the court house you can get the paperwork. If you're not comfortable with that you can go to legal aide and they will help you for free. Secondly depending on your state and how long you've been married you're going to be getting paid child support and spousal support. So i'm guessing that's going to be a good chunk of money depending on how much your soon to be ex makes. So he's not going to have more money to spend on another women. Second I agree with the above answer let your daughter have whatever relationship is appropriate with her father. As long as he's good to her it's important that your nurture that relationship. you can do this good luck!

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.