Depo Provera

Ive been on it for 5 months! My hair is falling out and my scalp is itching. Anyone else have this?

jackee159

Asked by jackee159 at 10:34 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When i took the depo shot it always seemed that something was going wrong with me, i got sick more easily, i gained alot of weight, and i had very dry itchy skin, honestly you need to get rid of the depo shot, oh yeah not to mention the completely crazy mood swings! There are much better ways of birth control out there. I tried the patch and it worked great. good luck
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 10:43 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Depo-Provera Official FDA information, side effects and uses.

Accurate, FDA approved Depo-Provera information for healthcare professionals and patients - brought to you by Drugs.com.
    www.drugs.com/pro/depo-provera.html
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:08 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• i havent had the hair prob, but had every single sign pf pregnancy with my last shot (in july) i was a nut case for a couple weeks, and have been spotting for the last two months....you better believe come next month i wont be getting it again.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 11:29 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• I didn't have any of that ,but i was on my period ALL the time.I would switch bc if i were you.I have heard more negative than positive things about it.

KzaM4Infinity

Answer by KzaM4Infinity at 12:07 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• anything can happen when you mess with your body chemistry. What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible

Answer by rkoloms at 12:30 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Hmm im not having periods what so ever. Im not gaining weight. I dont have mood swings or anything. I love it besides my hair falling out. I just dont want no chance thatd id get pregnant.
    jackee159

Answer by jackee159 at 1:59 PM on Sep. 18, 2009