Thrush

It wont go away. He just keeps getting it over and over. I boil the nipples. I know its the toys. I thought the thrush was gone and a couple of weeks later it showed up again. Any advice? How do I clean his toys & walker & exersaucer?

jackee159

Asked by jackee159 at 10:37 AM on Sep. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can sanitize his hard toys with bleach...then rinse them off. the stuffed animals..or soft ones wash if there washable. if not take them away. my daughter had it and it went then came then went then came, my doctor actually told me to throw away the nipples to the bottles and buy new ones if it didnt stop. you could try that. good luck i know how frustrating it is. There is an antibiotic for it that finally cleared up my daughters
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 10:50 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My son was born with that too, and it didnt go away for a long time. Even after the antibiotics.

I know this sounds crazy, but use a cloth diaper and use the urine from it and rub it on his tongue. It will do the trick.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 10:50 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Gentian Violet.....that will help. You can get it at a drugstore, just ask for it. Swab his mouth out with it a couple times a day, and your nipples when you nurse. DON'T let it get on anything else, cause it will stain! It will also stain his mouth and your nipples purple, but it's ok, cause it works. haha. As to the toys and stuff, vinegar works for those. Give them a vinegar bath:-) Hope it goes away soon!
    Morganne1231

Answer by Morganne1231 at 10:55 AM on Sep. 18, 2009

• Get a powdered probiotic and sprinkle it on the nipple when you feed him.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:22 PM on Sep. 18, 2009